What's new

I ***DESPISE*** Easter Eggs! (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
No, it's true, Little Nicky is a hidden Infinifilm!
IIRC, to get to it, do the LOTR trailer trick, then go to do it a second time, but instead of clicking there, I think you press up first. Look it up- there's some very, very neat stuff on there. Including the original video for Dio's The Last In Line!!! :)
God only knows why they hid this stuff.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Silly stuff is fine for an easter egg, but any true "Added Value Material" should be obvious and easy to find.
It pisses me off as much as complicated combo moves in a fighting game. Up, Up, Down, L, R, stand on your head, back, back, down, semi-circle forward while jumping to shoot a damn fireball? WTF?
OK, I do get excited when I find one.
blush.gif
But it is ALWAYS by accident.
Oh yeah,
icon13.gif
To overly elaborate animated menus.
icon13.gif
To "cleverly named" menu options.
And most DVD-ROM content sucks.
Thank you for your time....
------------------
THIS BAG IS NOT A TOY
Link Removed
375 Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I think the people who create these easter eggs must have shares in Duracell or EverReady. More button clicks = more battery usage = more battery sales. Sorted!

David Susilo

Screenwriter
To me, EE is like:
you buy a car, but the salesman tells you that you have to dance naked, sing backwards while juggling chainsaws everytime you need to switch the rear-window defroster in winter time.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Automobiles, postage stamps, dolls, action figures, rare coins, old novels, electronics equipment, comic books, record albums, baseball cards, board games, little glass animals, spores, molds and fungus
All of the above items are considered "collectibles" by people all over the globe. How many of these items contain "hidden features"? I'll give you a hint. The answer rhymes with zero.
I was baffled by my new Terminator SE. On the back of the case, one of the supplements is listed as "Hidden Features". Hey, I hate to tell you guys this, but if you tell me about it, it isn't exactly hidden.
I feel that easter eggs were a cute little novelty back when DVD was new, but now they're completely ridiculous. Yes, I want every available 'feature', but please just list them somwhere. If I want to search all over the place for something useless, I'll go to a singles bar!
eek.gif

laugh.gif

------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I enjoy Easter Eggs. (Remember back when you were a kid and on Easter, you had to go LOOKING for HIDDEN things like EGGS?) :)
As far as comparing them to having to honk the horn and open the glove box in your car to go in reverse, that is so far off base. Going in reverse is a standard feature on a car. An easter egg is a hidden, bonus feature.
Now, I will agree that the practice of advertising them on the box is a little silly. But then, by the same token, when you were a kid,if you weren't told that there were any eggs outside, you probably wouldn't have gone outside to find them.
I rarely go out looking for eggs on my own. (exception is if I'm playing it on my computer, I might move the mouse around to see if anything unusual lights up) If I happen to find one, then that's great. But, I want to see them. So I check this forum, as well as the other resources mentioned on the internet. It takes a few minutes. Big deal. Print them out. What does it get you? Additional entertainment from the disc.
I have never agreed with the logic of people comparing "going to an easter egg" to "playing a video game." If you consider pushing a few specific buttons in a pre-arranged order "playing a video game," then I hope that you have fun playing the game everytime you heat up lunch in the microwave oven. :)
And lastly, waaaay back on the first page of this, Mr. Hamm wrote:
P.S. Mocking others' posting habits serves no purpose except to amuse the mocker and annoy the mockee. If you don't like it, please just don't read the post.
Using your very own logic, if you don't like the egg, don't look for it. (and having such a double standard, admitting to placing a hidden additional piece of music on your own CD... Tsk tsk... :) )
Jimmy!

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
While it was an amusing point, the hidden bonus track has very little in common with the EEs I'm complaining about. To get to my hidden track, all you have to do is click the ">>|" button. For me to find the reviews of Quadrophenia on the new DVD I apparently have to search my way through every menu on the disc to see if I can find it. No one doesn't know how to skip forward on their CD player to find a track.
Sorry if I'm having trouble finding the humor in this thread, but DVD just seems to be becoming less and less a film format and more and more a toy for tech-heads to play with. We get releases of films that the surrounds don't work right or the DTS isn't coded properly, so it's obvious that there's very little quality control going on--but the studios have plenty of time to have guys coding elaborate Easter Eggs that serve little to no (usually no) purpose. It's a load of shit. If the feature is worth watching, just put it in an obvious place. If not, skip it. Don't futz around with the disc and waste my time.
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks