What's new

i chose the dts option, but heard nothing! (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -
last night i was watching 'shadow of the vampire' (btw - not a bad flick). when i went into the language selection and chose the dts option, it attempted to play a short clip to "demo" the dts sound. instead, i heard no sound whatsoever. i've double-checked my sony's dvp-560d's settings, and everything looks good.
i'm running the 5.1 outputs from the dvd into my onkyo tx-sv646 - then selecting the multi-ch input there.
when i selected the dd option, i heard sound.
so...i guess my system isn't capable of producing dts?
aarggh!
[edit] i should mention, on my other dvd's, this doesn't occur. i can choose the dts option, and everything appears to work fine.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thanks guys -
as an fyi, i further read my owner's manual (imagine that) and i think i can only obtain dts output when using the optical/coax output. i know that machine is dts capable (in some form) because the logo is on it.
guess this'll give me an excuse to buy a new receiver!
:)
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Marty Neudel

Stunt Coordinator
>guess this'll give me an excuse to buy a new receiver!
Ted,
as a true HTF'er you must repeat to yourself, over and over, "This is not an excuse; it is a compelling reason!, This is not an excuse; it is a compelling reason!, This is not an excuse; it is a compelling reason!"
Marty

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
lol!
yes marty, i think that'll be my new mantra...along with "hope the girlfriend doesn't find out, hope the girlfriend doesn't find out, hope the girlfriend doesn't find out..."
biggrin.gif

------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Rich Kraus

Stunt Coordinator
...just be sure to buy one roughly the same color, with roughly the same color display, and your there :)
------------------
'Till next time,
Rich (the kite guy)

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmmm....
Onkyo has always had relatively conservative styling with their receivers. She probably wouldn't even notice if swapped your old receiver out for say, a TX-DS696. :)
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks