I can't watch ST: Enterprise!!! Can you help a brother out?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasenP, Sep 21, 2001.

1. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Due to the stupid decision to feature Star Trek: Enterprise on the UPN instead of syndication I cannot watch it. I live in Western Michigan and there are no UPN affiliates in my area.
    I never really liked DS9 and I hated Voyager, but the new series intrigues me and I would like to see at least the premiere episode.
    If anyone could tape the pilot for me I would be more than happy to reimburse them for the cost of the tape and shipping. Please e-mail me if you can help me with this.
    ------------------
    "Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!"

350+ Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Some WB stations are carrying it on Saturday. I'd give them a call. UPN & WB are swapping shows when both channels are not available in a given market.
    Glenn

3. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

Is Enterprise starting this weekend?

4. BobV

BobV Second Unit

You need a Canadian satellite dish Jasen [​IMG] . Enterprise is all over the Canadian dishes... UPN, Space, NewVR, NewRO, City, AChannel, etc. etc. etc.

5. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

David, it starts on the 26th for the UPN stations. 2 hour pilot! I'm sooo excited!
    Glenn

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I can't believe that I am actually looking forward to this, as well. Oh hell, I'm really looking forward to it. But I agree with the TV Guide article that stated a Trek-free season or two might have been wise. Voyager left a bad taste in our collective mouth. Last week's rerun of the final episode had me yawning this time around.
    And, of course, the entire premise of Enterprise means the basic Trek backstory must be altered. Until now, the good ol' NCC-1701 had been the first starship Enterprise. ...
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

7. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

And, of course, the entire premise of Enterprise means the basic Trek backstory must be altered. Until now, the good ol' NCC-1701 had been the first starship Enterprise. ...
    Nope, The NCC-1701 has been the first FEDERATION starship Enterprise.
    As a look at the current USA carrier fleet will show, the NCC-1701 is hardly the first ship with that name.
    Likewise, the Enterprise depicted in the new series is simply another starship with that name... but predating the Federation.

8. Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux Screenwriter

Jonathan Perregaux
    I can't help adding a "yeah-but" here.
    STTMP clearly showed a visual tribute to all the vessels named Enterprise throughout history, beginning with the old clipper ship rigged with full sails and then progressing through other iterations such as the aircraft carrier Enterprise, the space shuttle Enterprise, an early ring-like space ship, and finally the NCC-1701 as depicted in the original series. Captain Archer's ship, of course, is not there.
    If continuity is to be maintained at all, I would imagine that the final episode of this new series would explain this ship's absence in history as the product of a temporal accident. That, at least, could clean up this problem as well as conclude the series.
    Until then, let's enjoy the new show.
    [Edited last by Jonathan Perregaux on September 24, 2001 at 10:03 AM]

9. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

10. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

And, of course, Jason, there's the entire issue of the Klingon "look"--alluded to in the DS9 episode "Trials and Tribble-lations."
    Last night's promos on UPN looked kinda interesting. Let us hope. ...
    ------------------
    [​IMG]