I can't think of this movie. Help!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoelM, May 24, 2002.

1. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

Dec 16, 2001
    I tell you I've been talking to people for years and to this day I do not know the name please help. My sister donesn't even know and that is very shocking. Anyway, I remember jewel thieves trying to get some sort of precious gem on a snake or something. They were on the ceiling during one part, and I remember a girl with them. At the end...I think a person that resembles a king gets zapped by laser beams through his face. I saw this movies some 15 years ago on HBO so I was only 11-12, but that is all I remember. Thanks
  2. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Mar 21, 1999
    Peter Fitzgerald
    I believe you are recalling the Spanish-made RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK rip-off, TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS (1983), which was shot in 3-D (during the brief 3-D revival of the early 1980s, which also gave us COMIN' AT YA! (made by the same guys who shot TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS), SPACEHUNTER: ADVENTURES IN THE FORBIDDEN ZONE, STARCHASER: THE LEGEND OF ORIN, METAL STORM: THE DESTRUCTION OF JARED SYN, FRIDAY THE 13TH: PART 3, JAWS 3-D, PARASITE, etc). The most recognizable actor in FOUR CROWNS is leading man Tony Anthony (the film's Harrison Ford surrogate), who starred in several spaghetti westerns in the 1960s & 1970s, particularly A STRANGER IN TOWN, THE STRANGER RETURNS and SILENT STRANGER (aka STRANGER IN JAPAN).