I can't seem to find white speaker wire

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Wes_B, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Wes_B

Wes_B Extra

I'm looking for some white speaker wire (bare ends) for my rear surround speakers. I have the Onkyo 760 and I am looking to wire the rear surround speakers. I've checked all the local places and no one seems to have wire that is white.

The reason I need white is that I live in a apt. and I need to run the wire to the rear speakers along the ceiling/wall line. Having white wire will conceal as much as possible.

I need about 25'-30' for each run. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get it?

2. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

Best Buy offers both Monster XP and Acoustic Research brand wire in white. The Monster is available in 50ft or 100ft rolls while the AR is only available in 100ft. Prices should be $34.99 for 50ft Monster $59.99 for 100ft monster and the AR 100ft. is $29.99

3. Wes_B

Wes_B Extra

Thanks for the info. I tried my local BB earlier and I didn't see any. I'll try another local BB tomorrow to see if they may have some. Thnx.

4. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

Tara Labs Prism Klara is white.

Mark

5. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Wes,

Why waste money on designer cable? You can get basic 16ga. zip cord by the foot from any hardware store, dirt cheap. It will work fine for your application. Yes I know, everyone says that 14 or 12ga. is preferable, but it’s also hunkin’ big stuff – kinda hard to run unobtrusively up a wall.

A friend of mine was once in your situation – living in an apartment with limited wire-running options. He used white 16ga. zip and ran it up the walls in the corner, then across the back of the room at the wall/ceiling junction, and I have to tell you, it was virtually invisible. No one would have ever noticed it, except a guy like me – a former installer who looks for stuff like that! [​IMG]

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

6. Wes_B

Wes_B Extra

I dunno... maybe I was looking for white wire on the wrong day. I must have went to 3 different Home Depot's and 3 differnet Lowe's including all the local BB's and home theater stores. Nobody had any white wire.

However, I had neglected to check any of the CC's and I found some there. [​IMG]

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

7. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

8. Jon Duke

Jon Duke Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone suggest online retailers that sell white wire?

I've already looked at Parts Express, but are there others similar?

9. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor