I can't seem to decide between a Klipsch RF-3 II package or Axiom M60 package

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marcus Lewis, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Marcus Lewis

Marcus Lewis Stunt Coordinator

My Receiver is a Rotel RSX-965 (150w per channel) and I like it LOUD...
    Ideally to two mains should provide accurate and LOUD sound for 2ch music listening without need for a sub, although I'll be using a dual 16-46 CS+ setup for movies [​IMG]
    Any and all opinions are welcome ...

2. Manuel Delaflor

Manuel Delaflor Supporting Actor

Have you actually LISTENED to them? The best you can do is hear for yourself, preferably if you can test drive them in your home.

What most people doesn't realice is that the room acoustics is as important as the speakers themselfs regarding quality of sound. Every set of speakers will sound different in their rooms than in a store.

Still, I can tell you that I prefer Klipsch over any other brand I have listened to.

3. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Yeah, I don't own any Klipsch Reference series but after auditioning them they moved to the upper portion of my list.

4. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

Klipsch Reference will be in my house sunday. They are my fav. LOUD N' CLEAN!

5. Matt Malto

Matt Malto Stunt Coordinator

I love my Klipsch Reference II Speakers. [​IMG]

6. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Haven't heard the Axioms, but if you like it loud and wonderful, I recommend the Klipsch. I love my Klipsch reference speakers and I auditioned a ton of others in the same price range. To my ears, none came close to the Klipsch.

7. Dan_Jones

Dan_Jones Stunt Coordinator

I have the Axiom M50's/M3Ti/VP100 and love them. Crystal clear pristine highs, excellent midrange and solid bass from the 50's.

I'd go with Axiom IMHO as I think Klipsch is a little overbright for my tastes, but everyone's ears vary so good luck with your decision!

8. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    I have RF3II's and love them. I am running them with a Carver AX705 and the sound is clean, detailed and nuetral. If you have the right amplification then Klipsch speakers will sound excellent. Bright amplifiers will make them them sound unbearably bright however. Overall they are a great speaker. They absolutely excel in HT as well(which was my main concern).

Take Care,

Dalton

9. Robert_M_Jones

I just purchased the Axiom M60/VP150/QS8 setup with my Adire Rava and like them M60s more every day I listen to them. I don't have the QS8s hooked up yet so I can't comment on them but the front 3 sound excellent...I mostly use my setup for Home theater but with the new speakers I have been listening to a lot of music because it sounds so good now.....