What's new

I can't get NBC over the air! (1 Viewer)

Shad R

Supporting Actor
I live in Fort Collins, CO. Just got my tivo set up. It's only purpose: Thursday night NBC lineup (cause I'm tired of watching it on Hulu.) I bought the powered/amplified antenna, got everything set up. Guess what? No NBC. At all. Not even when I punch in the channel it's supposed to be on. It's supposed to be there, it shows up on my program guide, but there's nothing there. I poked around on the internet and found a few sites that list the channels you should recieve based on location. None of them had an NBC afilliate listed. So I think I just cracked the case: NBC is in last place because no one can get it. If ANYONE in the Fort Collins area can pick up NBC on a different channel please let me know. Sorry if this is the wrong thread, I figured it belonged here.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
If you're trying to get it with an indoor antenna, it's incredibly unlikely that you would get it. KUSA's signal is at least 60 miles away (12 miles west of Denver); I could barely get a signal when I was 30 miles away from a signal here in Ohio.

To have any chance of getting a good signal, you'll have to install an antenna on your roof. There's still no guarantee that you'll get it, though.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
From the scan I can see -- VHF channel 9, 60miles with Line of Sight and around -60dB is almost surely going to require a decent outdoor antenna, but this shouldn't be that difficult unless there is something specific about you location that is interfering. From another forum, it seems many people in Fort Collins are getting KUSA though there are plenty of complaints about the subchannels stealing bandwidth from the main HD channel.

Do you get a signal from KMGH (ABC) which is VHF channel 7. If so then KUSA should be coming in also.

What specific antenna are you using?

Shad R

Supporting Actor
I don't get ABC either, and rooftop antenna is not an option for me since I rent. Well, I guess I won't be watching NBC and will continue to hulu it. Hopefully at some point Hulu apps will available on tivo and in hd. Ah, one can wish.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is your current antenna VHF capable? Depending on your aesthetic sensibilites it's still a possible solution to put an antenna somewhere in the apartment that might be able to receive. Maybe talk to your super and see if there is a community antenna you can tap into to, see if any neighbors are using a different antenna that can get Channel 7 or 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks