What's new

I can't get a DD signal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (1 Viewer)

Greg Van Hulle

Auditioning
I have a PS2 and play movies on it. I have an Monster Cable Optical cable for it and I get a digital signal...but, I can't get my Denon AVR 1803 Receiver to say that my my PS2 is putting out a Dolbly Digital or DTS signal...I don't know what to do, please Help!!!!!!!!!

Greg V.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
A stand-alone, dedicated DVD player would be better.

What is the set-up menu in that PS2 thing like? Are you certain you are even passing a DD signal to the Denon? Check and make sure: If the set-up menu has an option called "Dolby Digital 5.1" or something like it, enable it.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Does it give you the DD when you play games? I was excited when I got X-box because I heard it had the progressive scan feature. Come to find out that was only on games not DVDs.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
If I remember correctly, the PS-II does have an item in the setup menu that has to be set in order for it to pass DD and DTS. Check the manual that came with your PSII.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
First you have to enable the optical digital out, that should give you DD. If you get NO SOUND, then you do not have this setup correctly. Then for DTS, you have to put in a movie, then go into the PS2's setup menu (not the DVD menu) again and enable DTS.

Of course, you also have to make sure that you have configured the digital inputs on the 1803 for the source you are using for the PS2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks