What's new

I can't figure out DavidLynch.com (1 Viewer)

Jacob_St

Second Unit
I don't understand how to get into the site. I click on modem connection and the phone comes up and wherever I click on the screen I get the message "hit dial tone". The windows hourglass has disappeared so I know it's finished loading. Is the website not up yet or I'm missing something that's staring me in the face?

I'm sorry that this post isn't in the right place but I'm not sure where that is.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
When I go there it asks me to register to be notified when the site is launched- so I assume it's not officially completed yet.
For anyone who wants to try this, you select Modem or Cable, you get a QT file:
http://www.davidlynch.com/modem.mov
http://www.davidlynch.com/cable.mov
Which features a red curtain opening and a low hum, followed by the phone mentioned above. Click the little button on the bootm left to get tone. Dial the number given, "YOu have dialed a working number" and you get a visual of a face of Lynch (with some pieces missing). It floats past, you get a title card that says "THE OFFICIAL DAVID LYNCH WEBSITE", the title fades out, the curtain closed and it says "more coming soon".
Wonder if any other numbers work on the phone.
-Vince

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Hehe, doesn't this seem a little appropriate for a David Lynch site? :D
-Dave

Peter_S

Agent
You click the buttom to the bottom left of the phone and dial: X5797. It will tell you something like you have a working number and play a little cinema of parts of David's face coming together and finally say coming soon.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
There have been two previously rumored dates when the site is supposed to go live and neither came to pass due apparently to some technical problems. I really hope things work out this time because I'm anxious to satisfy my Lynch cravings. :)
Gregory

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I don't think this site will be to popular. Not everyone has flash, and very few people have quictime 5.2. Most people just have 5.0, I think.

Jacob_St

Second Unit
You click the buttom to the bottom left of the phone and dial: X5797. It will tell you something like you have a working number and play a little cinema of parts of David's face coming together and finally say coming soon.

Ok, I'm stupid. I can live with that. :b

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I don't think this site will be to popular. Not everyone has flash, and very few people have quictime 5.2. Most people just have 5.0, I think.
Flash comes with every browser nowadays. Quicktime is a necessary download if you want quality video on a computer. Not to mention, Apple is financing part of the costs of the site so QT is a must. :)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
now this may be a stupid question but who is David Lynch? I've never heard of him.:b

Coressel

Supporting Actor
He is a piece of modern pottery. He is also soft-spoken and introspective glass of water. He likes to shape a piece of tofu like a head and watch ants devour it. He is a genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks