What's new

I can't believe that this happened..... (1 Viewer)

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Well, schools try very hard to not support sexual activity and I understand how increasingly hard it's getting today with the amount of sex in and around school/society. I see girls (many, many girls) who are only 16 years old and wear some very revealing outfits to school (concentrating in class is sooo hard!). The school has a dress code but if it were to seriously enforce it the office would be loaded everyday with offenders. My school also has a daycare that is full of about 50-60 children whose parents attend the school (this is a high school). I do, however, believe that the school in the article went WAY too far.

Ike

Screenwriter
This is so infuriating. Why wouldn't these girls just tell this principal to fuck off? My God, that woman should be fired, sued, and put in jail. Since when did government officials become the mothers/Big Brother of high school kids? It doesn't matter what happened previously, if it's so bad that you have to violate the kids, don't have a dance! This pisses me off to no end.

Admittedly, I've seen boys treated just as badly first hand, but never in mixed company, and now, I'd stick up for them (at the time, I didn't know better).

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Yes, I dont understand where school administrators get off treating students as substandard citizens? I would have shown the principal my underwear as soon as she showed me hers. And, by the way, what type of underwear you wear has no correlation to your sexual activity, nor is that any of the schools business. It is your business and your parents if your a minor.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Well, schools try very hard to not support sexual activity and I understand how increasingly hard it's getting today with the amount of sex in and around school/society. I see girls (many, many girls) who are only 16 years old and wear some very revealing outfits to school (concentrating in class is sooo hard!).
Granted, although further discussion of some of these points will probably get this thread locked. :) However, a little common sense and a large reality check is called for here. We're talking about their underwear. How can that violate a dress code? Presumably it is not visible under ordinary circumstances. And if someone has gotten far enough along to know whether a girl is wearing a thong or not, a) he doesn't care :), b) they're probably not on the dance floor and c) they're already well on their way to whatever they're going to do. It isn't like the sight of thong underwear is the thing that's going to push them over the edge. (When I was in high school, it didn't take nearly that much to push me over the edge. :D)
The morons responsible, and any other public employee who was present and didn't say, "What the HELL do you think you're doing?" and try to stop the morons responsible, should be fired immediately. Then they (and the school district) should be sued, and possibly face criminal charges. (This could be construed, at a minimum, as assault, possibly battery, and I'm sure the D.A. could think of a couple of other charges. Sexual exploitation of a minor, anyone? :))
Regards,
Joe

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Apparently AP Rita Wilson has been suspended.
"It was a violation of these kids' privacy, and very embarrassing for kids at that age," said Cindy Chappell, whose 16-year-old daughter complained that her bra was exposed while Wilson examined her tube top.
The student said she was asked whether the tube top was attached to her bra. After answering, the student said, Wilson grabbed her tube top and yanked it down, exposing most of her bra.
"I felt embarrassed because there were about 50 people standing around," Chappell's daughter said. "I didn't think I had done anything wrong."
San Diego city police Officer Greg Bisesto said that while patrolling the dance, which was attended by about 725 students, he watched Wilson force dozens of girls to lift their skirts. He said he heard Wilson ask the questions: "Are you wearing underwear? If so, is it a thong? . . . Then let me check."
"I just thought, 'Oh, my God, what is she doing?' " Bisesto said. "This is totally out of line."
More from the local San Diego newspaper

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I was not too offended until I saw that she did it in front of other men and male classmates!
You can't be serious! You're saying that you would not mind a male role model or other man in authority pulling your pants down to have a look at your underwear, as long as he did it in private?! It makes precious little difference whether it was done in front of others! Nobody needs to look at another's underwear, period.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Ryan,

You took the words out of my mouth! I found it interesting how many posts here took the attitude of "i see where they're coming from, but i can't believe they did it in public."

That shouldn't be the point- violation of privacy, even under the guise of "protection" is a real problem... and one that usually minors are in little position to resist.

-V

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I've changed my mind. Forget suing and criminal charges. Let's put get these bozos on the stage of the school auditorium and lift their skirts and drop their pants for a quick undie check. And no fair telling them in advance. Let them think it is a regular school assembly to hear them read their apologies. :)
Regards,
Joe

Cam S

Screenwriter
Thongs are sooo last year, alot of the girls now are going commando, I know this because one of my best friends is in grade 11, and she goes commando all the time, crazy I tell ya. But hey, dam sexy :D

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
That shouldn't be the point- violation of privacy, even under the guise of "protection" is a real problem... and one that usually minors are in little position to resist.
My point, which I wasn't very clear on, was that there are many invasions of privacy we are subject to with varying levels of necessity. Would you say it is wrong to search students for concealed weapons or drugs? Would it be wrong for a gym teacher to measure your weight? Wrong to have a dress code forbidding low-cut blouses, miniskirts, no bra, etc.?

In this case, I agree there was no need to check for thongs, but I think making the inspection public aggravated the situation immensely.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I'm just trying to imagine some vice principal inspecting a room full of guys for boxers, breifs, or buff :b. How could anyone have enough brain power to be worthy of the role of educator but dumb enough to pull something like this?

DennisHP

Second Unit
Interesting that no one ahs said anything about the girls letting this happen. Don't parents teach their children about privacy and the fact that they don't need to submit to a search of this type? If someone told me to drop trou so they can check my shorts I'd tell them to get lost.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Interesting that no one ahs said anything about the girls letting this happen. Don't parents teach their children about privacy and the fact that they don't need to submit to a search of this type? If someone told me to drop trou so they can check my shorts I'd tell them to get lost.
exactly...in high school (im in college now) I wouldnt have been stupid enough to let the V.P. look at my underwear

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
There is obviously something wrong with this woman. It's just mindblowing to think that she could care so much about what someone wears UNDER their clothes!

I guess I should tell you guys this, but under my pants, beneath my boxers, I'M TOTALLY NAKED!!!! That's right, the only thing between my package and the outside world is two layers of cloth.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Interesting that no one ahs said anything about the girls letting this happen.
I dont think the average high schooler is as mature and level headed as some of us here might have been, and we were probably not as mature and level headed as we would like to think we were either. If an authority figure says "you can show me that your dressed appropriately (in her book) or you can not get into the dance where all the cool kids are", what do you think the average high school kid would do. Especially if your not-so-bright or not-so-modest friends already showed theirs and are in the dance waiting for your uncool self?

Ike

Screenwriter
Interesting that no one ahs said anything about the girls letting this happen.
I did. But the blame should not be placed on them. We can say, "Oh, I think they should of had better judgment," but in the end, the violation was against them.

The conformity in schools has to stop. This is an extreme example of it. If this woman just gets suspended, I will be very, very disappointed.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Interesting that no one has said anything about the girls letting this happen.
High school is all about conformity, not so much with rules (which many ignore), but with the behavior of peers. The first kid put on the spot who let this be done to her set the tone for the others. (Especially if she was "popular")

And people in general tend to submit to authority, often without asking the most basic questions. In Florida not long ago a grandmother turned the young granddaughter she was caring for over to two well-dressed people who said they were from the state Dept. of Families and Children. They showed no identification, nor were they asked for any. DF&C claims that they sent no such pair, and nobody knows where this little girl is. I don't think we should expect shocked, nervous 14 through 18 year-olds to spontaneously revolt in the face of even something as outrageous as this. (Although it would have been nice if someone had. It might have been enough to stop the idiocy in its tracks, like the little kid crying out that the emperor had no clothes.)

Remember that experiment in California in the 60s or 70s, the one where college students were assigned roles as guards and prisoners in a mock prison? Not only did the "guards" go on an insane power-trip, abusing the "prisoners", but the "prisoners" accepted the abuse, even though they could have resisted, contacted school authorities or simply walked out of the building when not actually placed in locked rooms. The experiment, scheduled for two weeks, had to be stopped in a few days before somebody got hurt. How about the equally famous one where students were told they were administering electric shocks to other people (concealed in another room) as part of a learning experiment. In fact, no one was getting shocked, the "victims" were merely screaming on cue. The experiment was really designed to test how far people would go in carrying out the orders of someone dressed in a lab coat. The scary thing is that people did carry out those orders, turning up the "voltage" with each wrong answer, despite the apparent screams of agony coming from the "subjects". Nobody said, "Hey, we've got to stop this, this is nuts."

Whole countries did the same thing in the last century, but since there is no way to discuss that without the lock coming down, that's all I'll say on that project.

Compared to all this, what those girls allowed was pretty small stuff, though still an outrage.

Regards,

Joe

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
The idea of conformity and "peer pressure" as being an integral part of human nature is gaining a lot of momentum in the scientific community. Sure, every culture expresses conformist behavior differently, but the fact that it exists hints of an ancient instinct at work. In other words, it would be impossible to have a society where each person is a non-conformist rebel!

And it could be easily argued that conformity has given the human race a survival advantage. Hell, it worked for many species of insects, those crazy buggers!

Hmmm...high school...ant mound...what's the difference?

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I've found a more informative news article
here.
[edit: this link was actually posted earlier, didn't see it, sorry]
Apparently the dance last year got a little out of hand (though that is NO excuse for what happened). It also appears that the police officer did try to stop the "inspections", though I personally do not think he went far enough. It also appears that the young men were subjected to similar abuse. This woman should be thrown in jail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks