What's new

I Can't believe it has Come to this (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
This reminds me of the Brian Regan sketch where he talks about the peanut butter and jelly in the jar.
I mean I'm lazy, but I wanna meet the guy who needs that. Is some guy saying, "I can go for a sandwhich, but I'm not going to open 2 jars...cleanin' who KNOWS how many knives!"

If you're that lazy, why not put croutons in there and get the whole sandwhich on a spoon. Or if you don't want to clean the spoon, put on a squeeze bottle. Mmmm, lunch and NO clean up!

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Reminds me--they've just come out with a product that was "invented" here in Oklahoma:

PB Slices. Yes, wrapped slices of peanut butter:

Haven't tried 'em yet, because I haven't found 'em yet. Just a novelty, but fun. :)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I gave up on society when toaster pancakes and pre-fried bacon came along. What's next, pre-toasted toast???

The sad thing is there's a whole generation in America now that not only doesn't know how to cook, but has never tasted good home cooking. :rolleyes

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Bjorn,

Jam has chunks of fruit in it, much like preserves. Jelly is smooth with little texture- my preference.

I think I can count on two hands how many PB&J's I've had in my life.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Thanks Scott - From your description, I don't think "jelly" have taken off in popularity over here (although one particular firm has started selling jam in a squeeze bottle, so obviously that can't have chunks in it)

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
My wife and I were at Super Target awhile back and they were giving away samples of these.....ick. Sorry, but in terms of quality, they suck. I make peanut butter sandwiches every day for my three year old (she likes peanut butter and honey for her daycare lunch), and I would not feed them to her even if there was a massive peanut butter shortage. Buyer Beware!!! :D

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Mark Hastings, I thought of that exact routine, but didn't mention it cause I couldn't think of that guy's name. He has a hilarious Comedy Central show and CD. I love that guy.

Chris

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
ChristopherP

I guess it is wasting when you use more than a small amount of PB or J.

They also only allowed two sheets of toilet paper..single ply..:frowning: :frowning:
I guess the creed was "the less you eat the less you wipe"

Mark:D :D

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
They also only allowed two sheets of toilet paper..single ply..
I guess the creed was "the less you eat the less you wipe"
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

I'm waiting for the day they stop selling "instant" coffee crystals because you need to add water, and instead start bottling coffee that just needs to be shook-up to be heated.

Moe.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I like the pre-cooked bacon. I tried it on a whim at Costco, and it tastes pretty good. Plus, I don't have to cook a whole pack (as it gets slimy if you don't), just the three slices I want. 15 seconds in the microwave and no cleanup vs. 15 minutes at the skillet with greasy cleanup- yeah, I like it.

I like that Texas Toast, too, but mainly because I wouldn't otherwise buy bread that thick.

Todd

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, the texas toast isn't QUITE what I was thinking of... at least that's flavored.

I don't have to cook a whole pack (as it gets slimy if you don't), just the three slices I want.
Well, yeah, but not very fast. It'll keep at least a couple weeks in the fridge. Well, each to his own. See, I like my bacon half-raw, so that wouldn't work for me. :D

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
It's POWDERED TOAST MAAAAAAAAAN!

"Quick MAN, cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

"Both of them?"

I miss Ren & Stimpy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members