I can't believe it, but I actually had a bad nightmare about Freddy!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    It was actually quite frightening too. It really freaked me out momentarily! [​IMG]
    He looked more like he did in Wes Cravin's New Nightmare, which makes sense since I just watched this yesterday and is no doubt what inspired the dream. In the dream, I was making a movie, it was late at night and I was asleep in my trailer right next to the window, and the window had venetian(sp) blinds.
    I then heard some noise outside, I looked up and saw the shadow from the street light of a guy wearing a fedora from the other side of my window! I went to peek out through the blinds when suddenly he rammed his fist, the clawed one, right through my window and and started to viciously attack my hand, I remember it so clearly, he cut it up pretty badly too!
    I pulled my hand back, and in the blink of an eye he was gone and it was bright daylight outside! [​IMG] One of those wierd dream things that makes no sense I guess. The next thing I remember I was walking across a vast parking lot at night with George Lucas! [​IMG] The only thing I can figure is that i've got 'EP II' on the brain I guess from all the excitment about the dvd next month. I also watched the documentary The Beginning the other day, I guess I was remembering the shot of him and Spielberg walking across that big parking lot.
    After that I remember once again laying in my trailer at night, when I started hearing that rustling noise again from outside. I went to peek out of the blinds again, and suddenly someone from outside crashed through the window, grabbed me and began trying to pull me through the window violently! It wasn't Freddy but some goule with a white face, like something out of a David Lynch movie but it sure wasn't Robert Blake.
    Then Freddy appeared and began slashing me very violently with his glove! I remember seeing blood fly eveywhere and I could actually almost feel the cuts! One cut in particular stands out in my mind, he ripped his hand across my forearm and as I looked I saw the blood start to seep out, like what happens when you cut yourself.
    The attack had the ferosity of one being attacked by a Grizzly bear! He continued to slash me up as I hung on the side of my trailer, and it was at that point that I woke up! I also have memories of turning my head rapidly back and forth in my sleep. To anyone who saw me it was obvious that I was dreaming something bad.
    When I woke up my heart was beating a mile a minuet, and I was breathing kinda heavy, I also felt a little panicked. It was the fear that shocked me out of sleep. I got up and went to the bathroom and (embarrased to admit this) checked myself over for cuts! :b Their wasn't any, what a shock. So much for the movies theory about getting hurt in the dream. Still, I couldn't believe that I had a genuin nightmare about Freddy Krueger trying to kill me!! I mean WTF!?
    He was frightening in this nightmare, and the funny thing is I can't recall knowing that it was THE Freddy Krueger, what I mean is my brain didn't recognize him as this big horror icon played by Robert Englund, it saw him as the charactors in the first film saw him.
    It's been awhile since I had a dream like this one, in fact I rarely ever get nightmares let alone one this violent and intense, and I don't even live on Elm Street! [​IMG] I've had some wierd dreams in the past but this one was whacked! Kinda makes me wonder what would have happened if he had finished the job in the dream. I went back to sleep about an hour later after calming down and slept all night with no return of the nightmare, I did dream, but it was something different.
    I know, it sounds like i'm making it up doesn't it? I swear though that it happened just like that. The human brain is just plain wierd sometimes

2. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

[​IMG] Thanks for sharing that!
    And don't they just seem real as can be?
    I have had dreams that affect my whole day.
    I hope your ok John, you can fall asleep safely, Freddy's gone. [​IMG] Isn't he?[​IMG]

3. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

I know I'm going to start dreaming about that Velma now. [​IMG]
    Hopefully she's a little nicer than Freddy was in your dream John. [​IMG]

4. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Yeah, i'm cool, thanks Sean. Like I said I was able to fall asleep again and the nightmare didn't return. I feel quite refreshed actually.

5. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Well, she can't get any worse! [​IMG] Although their's something to be said about having a woman attack you like a grizzly bear! [​IMG]

6. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Join the club. I had one in 1987 as a little kid. It still scares me to this day. I still remember it. Anybody care to hear it?

7. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Dome: Yeeessss [​IMG]

8. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Hell yeah Dome, spill it! [​IMG] I don't want to be the only nut job here who dreams about fictional serial killers! [​IMG]

9. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Oh God, here it goes. And this is the only indication that tells me I have something of a decent memory.
    Before the nightmare even started, I had woken up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water. For some reason before going to bed, I had this eerie, creepy feeling in my gut that something bad was going to happen. I shouldn't have gone to bed that night.
    And before I knew it, the nightmare began. I was in this elevator and there's this talking dog (yep, a talking dog), and he tells me to start running for it once the doors open. I'm deathly afraid at this point because the elevator looked like something that belonged in a boiler room (surprise, surprise). As soon as the doors to the elevator open, I bolt for it. I hear this manical laughter, and I know it belongs to Freddy. I don't know where I'm going. All I know is that I'm inside some weird boiler room. I keep running until I come to an end with a door. I open the door.....
    only to be transported to the inside of a car on my driveway. Ever seen In The Mouth of Madness and when Sutter Cane mentions ever seen that shade of blue or something? Yep, the color scheme of this section of the nightmare was in this weird blue tone. Anyhow, I'm looking around and I see the unmistakable profile of Freddy Kruegar through the back window. He starts walking slowly towards the car. And just as he's about to get to the bumper, he changes into this caterpillar creature. The creature then starts crawling underneath the car, and this entire time I hear the screeching of metal. All of a sudden, I turn around towards the front windshield and Freddy is pushing the car!!!
    I was scared at first, but now I'm sh**less. He starts laughing and saying, "See you later!!!" I turned towards the rear of the car and notice a cliff appeared out of nowhere. My car was pushed off the edge and falling into who knows where. The car hits the ground, and it tumbles around for a while. I thought I was safe until I see Freddy start trying to claw his way in. He kept slashing and slashing, and I remember, "Leave me alone!!!" Right when he's about to get me, I wake up. I was sweating and a rain storm had started sometime during my nightmare. The rain drops were hitting the window, and the howling wind was producing some ungodly noises amongst the tree branches. Needless to say, I never went back to sleep that night.
    I've had nightmares come and go, but that one will always haunt me. It makes me wonder why I can't have those cool dreams where..... eh eh heh heh, I better not say. [​IMG]

10. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Damn Dome, that's crazy! It's kinda cool though, it makes the charactor real. He attacks people in nightmares in the films, and he does IRL too, that's just too wierd. Although I think that Robert Englund would find that really flattering. [​IMG]

11. Jeff_Krueger

Jeff_Krueger Stunt Coordinator

My nightmare was living with the last name as a kid in the eighties.

12. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson

13. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

Is your name......Depp?

14. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    I'd love to have that name, it would make it less likely that anyone would screw with me in school I think. [​IMG]
    I wonder how much Mike Myers (Austin Powers) got teased for having that name growing up? [​IMG]

15. Jeff_Krueger

Jeff_Krueger Stunt Coordinator

If I had been older when the movies came out it probably wouldn't have been bad, because then I would have been able to come up with a smart-ass remark, whenever someone commented on my name. Though since I was only in elementry school when most of the movies came out, my sense of sarcasm wasn't so keenly developed. Funny thing is when I lived in florida briefly my dad was looking at buying a house on Elm St. Would've been interesting.

16. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer