What's new

I Can't Believe I'm Asking This: Will There Be Bill & Ted SEs? (1 Viewer)

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I know they're not "Citizen Kane" or "Gone With the Wind" ;) but they are guilty pleasures of mine. Must be due to my age when they came out...

Ahem. Anyhow, when the first DVDs came out, I passed, even though I wanted the movies. They seemed very bare-bones, especially Excellent Adventure. I figured I'd wait until a "better" version came along...

Of course, now I'm looking at it objectively, and saying "C'mon, it's Bill & Ted, for cripes sake! You think they're gonna do SEs of those?"

So I just wondered if anyone had heard any rumour, rumbling, or remote possibility that these will be revisted in the future. Because I'm tempted to just go out and pick them up while they're still easy to find.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Both of these have bogus 5.1 mixes; they were released before digital sound had become prevalent in theaters. "Bogus Journey" messes up the 'proposal' scene by keeping all the dialogue in the center channel, on the older LD's pro-logic mix the dialogue was panned as they're on opposite sides of the screen. A choice for the un-messed-with soundtracks on the DVDs would have been nice.

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
I prefered ( The bogus adventure ) I liked death, well the actor that played death. he was just great.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Rarely has a silly (in a good way) comedy like Excellent Adventure gotten a sequel of such quality as Bogus Journey! The sequences with Death are absolute genius.

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
Lord knows they should, for both films.

I suppose if the movie-only versions sold well enough MGM would consider it.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
They were released in optical (matrix) stereo, but only in redone discrete 5.1 on the DVDs. The scene I mentioned earlier is definitely messed-up, for lack of a better technical term :)

BarryS

Second Unit
Hmmmmm... they should have been special editions to begin with. I'm not sure if I would buy them again, but if the features are good enough, I'd be tempted. The present editions are both widescreen and anamorphic and that's really all I require.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
While I like these movies a lot, I doubt we'll see SE's. And I'd rather see SE's that give us WS and Anamorphic for titles that do not have that already.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Bogus Journey upconvert on SHO-HD tonight, and all this month.

I really admire how smart this film is, especially the stuff like the ST:ToS homage, that I missed until it was pointed out in the documentary on the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks