What's new

I can't be the only one who's noticed some problems with the Punk Drunk Love DVD..... (1 Viewer)

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
This is getting out of hand and absurd.

Superbit dvd's, when compared to the original Columbia/Tristar dvd of the same movie (if there is one) have a higher bitrate. Of course, it could have done that way the first time in many cases but they choose to use the Superbit label as marketing and get people to double-dip.(Or those who know there will be an inevitable Superbit release to just wait for it).

A higher bitrate has NOTHING to do with dirt present in the film. With the SUPERBIT titles, all they do is up the bitrate, they do not create an entirely new transfer (Desparado being the only exception I believe).

There's no Superbit standard that says by purchasing the Superbit disc your viewing experience will not be COMPLETELY DESTROYED by a couple specks of dirt approximately 2 centimeters in diameter that appear a few seconds appart and don't last for more than a second, which in turn forces you to create a thread complain about it for days on a movie forum throwing all reason out the window and refusing to listen to what EVERYONE is telling you thus dragging this almost completely pointless aforementioned thread out to four pages in length.

Just chill out. Enjoy the movie.

And Holadem?

"I watched a speck of dust the other day, then realized after reading this thread that there was a movie around it .
:D"

That response was absolutely CLASSIC.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Well let's see just how horrid this really is

In all of the frames in the 4:59 - 5:01 mark the closest thing I found to a film speck was this tiny little microbe that appears for exactly 1 frame, just looking at the shot it looks like any other debris or glint on the pavement.

Now let's tackle the other offender listed here

Going through every frame of the 5:07-5:09 section reveals this one, which also last for a frame

Yep, This highly distracting "chunk" lasts exacty 1/24th of a second, Neither of these are even noticable during normal viewing of the movie.

Talk about much ado about nothing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Are we sure there's nothing on the TV's screen itself? I had to ask...

The reason I ask is because on my RPTV, I know there's a few roundish splotches on the venticular screen, and they only show up under intense bright reds on display. So I do see them every now and then, but it's not yet so distracting that I've resolved to take off the screen and carefully clean it off (because I might make the problem worse, knowing me...)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
this thread is hilarious. and a little scary.

you probably can't sit through Paramount Catalog titles, can you? Check out some Paramount films from the 70's (Days of Heaven, Harold and Maude, Nashville, Rosemary's Baby) to see some dirt and specks.

i watched Punch Drunk Love last night and didn't see distracting dirt specs.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I agree. Let's stop this before we hurt Dan's feelings anymore.

After all, he is entitled to his opinion of the disc. So all the power to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks