I cannot believe the price for these seats....

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Shane-M, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Shane-M

Shane-M Agent

2. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

Beware.
    This is from another website.

Quote:

"Just a little heads up for anyone possibly considering purchasing their theater seats.

This company is very shady with horrible cust service. I ordered a row of 5 and a row of 4 seats from them the beginning of Feb 04, they told me 3 to 4 weeks delivered. They were to charge my credit card $3000 for the deposit and $4600 when shipped. Checking my credit card statement I noticed they charged the rest of the balance 2 weeks later. At this point I called them to find out the status on delivery and they dumped me into voice mail directing me to an email address. After 3 email with no response I called and had to be sneaky to the sales man just so he would hear me out without dumping me into the voice mail box. 3 different call with 3 different promises to call me back once they got to the bottom of it. You guessed it, not one returned call. So here it is 4 1/2 months later I called my credit card to dispute the charge.

Bob Trinanes"

3. Robert James Clark

Robert James Clark Second Unit

Thanks for the heads up Glenise.

The cheaper of the two sets mentioned above are the "Coaster" seats that are popping up in several places.

I have sat in them and they are...... fair.

Not overly comfortable and the foot rest won't stay up when you put your legs on them. They are cheap though.

They are available from the "Easy Life" furniture chain if anyone has one near them to try them out.

The more expensive ones on that page look nicer, but with a warning like the one you mentioned, I'd be very hesitant...

4. Mark McGill

Mark McGill Stunt Coordinator

I was just talking to out furniture guy yesterday and he said that flexsteel has just come out with a home theater line, and I noticed that Barcalounger has two new models. One of them looks like a traditional high back "club" style chair complete with brass nailhead trim. Just think of a anti-theater chair that is able to made into a row complete with wedges and cupholders. My wife really liked them. Good luck.

5. Joe Thompson

Joe Thompson Stunt Coordinator

Robert,
    Hey...I have not been able to find the "coaster" seats anywhere in Nor.Cal. I am wondering if you can have the footrest up but the back not reclined at all....I prefer to sit this way....in a more upright position....& it seems the cheaper seats seem to recline a bit when you want the footrest up....I know the berklines dont...
    Any info would be sure helpful....

Thanks....

Joe

6. Joe Thompson

Joe Thompson Stunt Coordinator

Robert,
    Hey...I have not been able to find the "coaster" seats anywhere in Nor.Cal. I am wondering if you can have the footrest up but the back not reclined at all....I prefer to sit this way....in a more upright position....& it seems the cheaper seats seem to recline a bit when you want the footrest up....I know the berklines dont...
    Any info would be sure helpful....

Thanks....

Joe

7. Robert James Clark

Hmmm. I don't remember. I will be going back there again soon and I'll let you know. Sorry...:b

8. Robert James Clark

Hmmm. I don't remember. I will be going back there again soon and I'll let you know. Sorry...:b