I can turn something so healthy into something...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared_B, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

so unhealthy.

Made myself a salad for lunch today. I think it had a grand total of 5 pieces of lettuce on it. The rest was an amazing tower of:
    croutons,
    bacon bits,
    sunflower seeds,
    extra fatty ranch dressing,
    ham chunks,
    cheddar cheese,
    parmasan cheese, and
    some other type of cheese.

Man, was it tasty too! I tend to do this a lot. I fool myself into thinking I'm eating healthy by starting with a normally healthy food. Then I pile pound after pound of junk on it. I end up with something quite far from "healthy".

2. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I do that too. I usually have NO time for lunch, so I'm constantly in Wendy's. I try not to eat burgers everyday so I tried one of their chicken salads. After reading the fat content of the dressing, along with the slivered almonds and chinese noodles, I guess I would have been better off with the burger. [​IMG]

As Dame Edna says: "I've been slimming down with salads. I enjoy a nice Pork Chop Salad."

3. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

if you were on Atkins, the only bad thing on the list is the croutons.[​IMG]

4. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

True - that salad above is my usual lunch (minus croutons and substitute Bleu Cheese dressing)

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

6. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Mmm, wendy's Taco Supremo salad rules... thats where i get my roughage [​IMG]

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

That is pretty much like the Cobb Salad I get on Tuesday nights when I play Team Trivia with friends. I don't eat the croutons, and have them leave off the olives and tomatoes and cucumber slices. It's pretty tasty and very filling. I've started on Atkins as of last Monday.