What's new

I can hear it.... The humming..... (1 Viewer)

Jason_Ro

Agent
I'm currently using an SVS bass interface module and it is giving me a very bad hum. I've already isolated it to box by disconnecting the box from everything except the sub and amp. Once I unplug the box from my amp the hum is gone. I've already E-mailed SVS and they said that they're currently working with the manufacturer to resolve this problem. It seems that this problem is extremely rare. So I'm just writing this to see if anyone else has ran into this problem and found a way to solve it. I've tried just taking the box totally out of my system but my bass becomes extremely weak. I put a cheater plug on my amp but that had no effect on the hum. I've also plugged the bass box into multiple outlets and surge protectors as well. This didn't have any effect either. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Jason,

Just a couple quick thoughts--

- Does the SVS bass interface module have a three-prong powercord, and if so, did you try the cheater plug on it?

- Have you tried changing your interconnects/wires and any adapters you may have on them?

Good luck,

Mike

Jason_Ro

Agent
Thanks for the response, the bass module does not have a 3 pronged powercord. I have been able to change the interconnect going from my reciever to the box but the hum was still there. I don't have a spare interconnect that I could use going from the bass box to the Samson amp. I have attached a female adapter to the interconnect going from my reciever to the box and then plugged the interconnect going to my amp into that interconnect, and the humming stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks