What's new

I buy a convertible and it rains (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I finally dumped my old heap for yet another old heap. Yes but this new old heap is black and it's a drop-top 900 Saab Turbo. And it punches too. :D

I like the classic lines on this car and I think it still holds up despite it being a 1988 model so I went for it. But lo-and-behold the once frequent sunny and mild days are few and far in between recently here in Cali! It's cold and wet: not good drop-top weather. Argh. Oh well, I'm still loving my Swedish ride. I also have a new appreciation for all-black convertibles!

Chris Derby

Second Unit
Don't worry about it... One of my co-workers just bought a motorcycle. I'm sure he feels the same way. =]

oh yeah, congrats!

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
I adore Saabs, have owned a 900 and a 9000. They're wonderful cars but as my mechanic, who works exclusively on Saabs once said, "They're 90% genius and 10% WHAT THE FeCK WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?!"

He's right.

I hightly recommend joining or at least visiting The Saab Network. You will learn a remarkable amount about your car and plenty of people willing to help. (you'll need it :b )

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Hah, you have the coolest sig. Don't know how old it is but just wanted to say something about it. :D

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Just drive faster.. I find that if I can stay above 50-55mph in my MR2 Spyder, the most rain just whizzes above me. Doesn't include downpours but most normal rain/drizzle.

Enjoy the new (old) Saab!

Jay

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Was that the old SPG version?? If so that car was/is hot. I always liked those.

and the rims are SSWEEEEETTT!!

B

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Jason thanks for the link! :)

Brent I don't think it's an SPG, then again I don't know what an SPG is.
Mine looks exactly like this:

The clouds opened up today enough for me to drop the top for a while. I was running around with a friend running errands too so we had our fun in the sun. I had never even driven a convertible before I got this black beauty but I knew it was time to make that change. :D

BACK IN BLACK!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
SPG stands for something like "special program group". I always loved the 900s reminded me of an aircraft.

B

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks