I bought Peter Pan SE, where's my free movie ticket?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Caicedo, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Michael Caicedo

Michael Caicedo Second Unit

Michael Caicedo
    I bought Peter Pan SE at BestBuy today. Wasn't it supposed to come with a free child movie ticket to Return to NeverLand? There is no sign of it inside the DVD package. There are several other offers but no movie ticket. I checked the Disney website and it states that you get the ticket with a Peter Pan SE order and "See complete details inside DVD and video.". What gives?

2. Wayne McRae

Wayne McRae Stunt Coordinator

Michael,I saw the commercial last night and it clearly stated that it should include a ticket.

Wayner

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I was only half-paying attention to the ad on TV last night, but I thought that the ticket was only in specially marked DVDs, not all of'em. I could be wrong though.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

4. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

Ron is correct. I noticed today at my local BB that they had an entire display without the ticket. I looked on the shelf and they only had a few copies with the ticket.

5. Michael Caicedo

Michael Caicedo

6. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

I mentioned in my DVD review that I got 2 copies of the DVD - one had a sticker on the front about the coupon book inside that didn't have the coupon book, but had the movie ticket. A copy that didn't have the sticker on the front about the coupon book had the coupon book, but no ticket. Maybe this will help those who are looking for a disc with the ticket, maybe not.

7. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

I didn't know anything about this, but just grabbed one off the shelf at Costco ($17.49 [​IMG]). It did have a movie ticket inside, so I guess I got lucky, but it's a children's ticket. My son is still young enough to get in for free, so we'll probably just give it to a neighbor kid.

8. Michael Caicedo

Michael Caicedo
    Update
    I called Walt Disney Home Entertainment's toll-free number: 1-800-723-4763 and they put me on a list to get the ticket in the mail. Hope it comes before the movie is off the theaters.

9. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

Due to a large number of Best Buy stores not receiving their minimum forty copies of Peter Pan: Special Edition with the movie ticket, employees were instructed today to take $5.50 off the price of the DVD itself, which is to make up for the lack of the ticket (which was worth $5.50). (I'm assuming that this is only good on the copies which don't have the "Ticket sticker" on the shrinkwrap--Copies which have the sticker obviously wouldn't qualify for the $5.50 off.)
    This will most likely be a case-by-case basis--you'll probably have to have an employee actually write it out for you on a ticket--the DVDs will probably not automatically ring up at the register for $12.49. Anyone that has bought it already and didn't recieve a ticket should take their reciept back to the customer service desk and see about getting the $5.50 back. YMMV.
    (Now, if someone could score a copy for $12.49 and then call Disney to get a ticket sent their way, that'd probably be a pretty good deal. . .) [​IMG]
    -mwb-

10. AndrewR

AndrewR Stunt Coordinator

Andrew Rubio

11. John Sparks

John Sparks Screenwriter

John Sparks
    Just talked to them, pressing #1 and after taking my info, she says that it looks like a batch got thru without tickets. She said nothing about labeling of certain cases that have tickets.
    She said she would mail out mine right away. [​IMG]

12. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Picked up my copy tonight. Best Buy gave me the $5.50 off the $17.99 price because there was no ticket sticker on the DVD.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

13. Bill Eberhardt

Bill Eberhardt Stunt Coordinator

The manager at my local Best Buy lied and told me they had already sold out of the ones that had the ticket. Yeah, right, they never had any in the first place. The business they will lose will more than cover the discount they could have given.

14. LarryH

LarryH Supporting Actor

Everyone at the local BB denied any knowledge of this issue at all. They said they had heard nothing from their headquarters about this. Is there any documentation of this direction to the local stores? I think those who got refunds must have been quite fortunate as there is certainly no way a customer can prove this policy exists.

15. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

Well, when I went in today to try to get my refund (purchased the movie yesterday) I was told that there was "Communication from HQ" about this issue and had $5.50 taken off the purchase price as a result. Ended up being almost $6.00 with the high taxes here in Chicago.

-Chad

16. Tony Scello

Tony Scello Second Unit

I also picked up the disc for $12.49 plus tax at Best Buy then called Disney Home Entertainment who took down my information to be put on a list to be sent the movie ticket if they get them in. I'm not sure if I'll be using the ticket anyway so, no matter how you look at it, this was a nice, unexpected bargain[​IMG]

17. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

I picked mine up at Best Buy yesterday, but didn't get any discount. Of course, it did have all the stickers on it, including the one for the movie ticket. But, when I got it home, there was nothing inside about the $5 rebate for owners of the previous version! (which trhe sticker on the outside said would be inside)

I called the number printed on the disc and spoke with a very pleasant guy named Tim, who said that they would get me the "inserts" (as they call them) in the mail that day, or the next if the mail had already gone out.

While I had Tim on the line I asked about if the Dinosaur CE had been fixed yet. He looked it up and said that they had received them last week and were shipping replacements. He also said that I had called about this a while ago (which I did) and it showed that I had been given a refund for it. I told him that I had not gotten a refund, but was holding the disc while waiting for a replacement. He said that they changed their database software and some things were transferred incorrectly, so he put me down to be sent a new one, most likely going out this Friday or Monday. He also said that they were still trying to figure out how the return would be handled, and explained that it I got a postage-paid return mailer then I should just send back the old one. If they did not include a mailer then to just toss the old one out.

Jimmy!

18. LarryH

LarryH Supporting Actor

I tried my local BB again today and they still denied getting any such communication from Headquarters. They also said that they "probably" sold out the 40 copies they had by the time I bought mine around 4:00 PM (although the "manager" I spoke to said he wasn't there that day, so didn't know if they had any - but pretty much implied it was up to me to prove otherwise).

I've never patronized any other outfit which is so belligerent and condescending to their customers. Their basic customer service attitude seems to be the customer is always wrong. Not that this one episode is a big issue, but I am continually put off by their attitude.

I went to Wal-Mart and got a price match on a copy with the sticker, so I guess the first one goes back to Worst Buy.

19. rob kilbride

rob kilbride Supporting Actor

Rob Kilbride
    Larry, I recieved pretty much the same treatment you did at Best Buy. I called 1-888-BESTBUY and spoke to a representative named Jeremy who hadn't heard of this either. He checked and said I was right and to ask for the store manager and that they had been notified and if I had any problem to have him call them (consumer relations). So I did it and I don't know whether the manager recieved the memo or not but he told the customer service representative to do it! So just call the number and you shouldn't have a problem. I sold my old Peter Pan for $10 at a used store so it only cost me around 2 bucks to upgrade. And I could even make 3 bucks if I were willing to mutilate my packaging for the proof of purchase but I'm not!

20. LarryH

LarryH Supporting Actor

Rob, I did call 1-888-BestBuy this afternoon and the rep who answered knew immediately what I was talking about. She said the managers here must not have been reading their notices. She said she would send an e-mail directly to the managers here, referring them to the notice. A few hours later I received a phone call from one of the local managers saying I could come in and get the refund! I'm there tomorrow to see how this plays out.

The manager who called still said the offer was only for the first 40 disks sold but would honor the refund. We all know they probably didn't have 40 copies with the pass, given the fact the the policy was instituted at all.

Final update:

I finally did get my refund (plus sales tax) today, but they said the refund was to be $5.00 and not $5.50! Anyhow, the principle of the thing has been resolved and I feel vindicated.