What's new

I believe my 3 year old Mitsu Just bit the farm (1 Viewer)

ruhrie

Agent
Well here is the story, I have a 46" HDTV Widescreen 46805 Mitsubishi RPTV. It is about 3 years old. All I can say until I get home from work, is that I have sound and that is it. Yes the sound is from cable, but no picture. Does anyone know what would cause this to happen all of a sudden?

There is one piece of good news to this. When I bought the tv I opted for the 5 year extended warranty. Hopefully they will schedule the service call within the 24 hours that they said. I only hope that the TV will be fixed in a timely fashion. Anyways I just thought I would share my story. Anyone else have this happen to them on their RPTV?

Rich

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
We need more info, but you know that. Chances are it's a loose video cable. Is the problem with all inputs, or just the one?

Jan

ruhrie

Agent
Okay, I am got some updated info. The tv is toast. I do have sound from cable but no video. Not a loose cable. I can change inputs, but I cannot tell what I am changing it too. I cannot see input 1, 2, 3, etc... Any ideas?

Rich

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Jim,
Thank you. :)
(In these days of drought, though, "farm" and "dust" are almost synonymous!)
Rich,
Well, if you can change inputs and never get a picture, that lets out my "bad cable" theory. Unless someone else has a bright idea, I'd call a service tech.
Jan

ruhrie

Agent
Jan,

I already have hopefully someone will be here this week to fix it. And thank goodness for the extended warranty. This fix would probably cost me as much as the warranty.

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks