I am thoroughly enjoying The Mark of Kri

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Rock, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

Let me encourage anyone on this forum with a PS2 to check out The Mark of Kri. It's the most fun I've had with such a unique game since Jak and Daxter.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Yup, been playing a little of it today & I'm VERY impressed by the combat system.

3. Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold Stunt Coordinator

Agreed... I said this a few days ago:

Hi guys, or gals...

Well, I picked up Kri today for $39.99 at EB. I also put $15 down on the PS2 online adapter. Sony has never been good at keeping hardware in stock, and the guy there said he may be short as well. So, better safe than sorry.

Anyway, Mark of Kri. Only 2 hours into it. But I can tell this is a very solid game. EXTREMELY stylistic, very cartoon like, with massive amounts for violence. Stealth is awesome... many different ways to end a life doing it that way. The bird, is cool... sending him forward to look through his eyes and see what's ahead, is right out of Beastmaster (where is Marc Singer?).

I think the game will delight many, finally something to play on the PS2... I've been waiting a while and playing ED on GC and Halo still on XB. Nice to get the PS2 up again!

Let me know what you all think...

Tom

4. Gabe Oppenheim

Gabe Oppenheim Stunt Coordinator

This could be one of the most aesthetically pleasing PS2 titles since ICO, though the two games themselves are very different. If you're looking for something off-beat with great animation and an all-around cohesive package, look no further!

It's also a pretty good game to play if you're in the mood for something a bit Lord of the Rings-y--the world is quite different, as is the story, but the weapon-based battles are quite satisfying after watching the fights at the end of Peter Jackson's movie.

5. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

Yes, I was with my friend's when EB had just opened, guaranteeing my friend a copy (fresh out of the box of a bunch). Animation is awesome, and so is the quality of the stills morphing into gameplay. Nice job/props to the Disney animators.

-Bert

6. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

I know this thread was pretty dead, but I just started playing Kri and it is still a treat. Best way to describe it is in parts:

* Animation looks just like a dark Disney movie
    * Stealth Kills a lot like MGS
    * Ultra-violent finishing moves, not for kids.
    * Character and story is a lot like original Conan movie, maybe some Beastmaster tossed in
    * You really have to take training between every mission as they give you invaluable hints at how to use new weapons, combos, etc. Think training from MGS to get an idea.
    * Very linear game, but they usually give you one or two 'new' toys to digest each level and this keeps it fresh.

I really like it. Anyone on the forum that likes the older B sword and sorcery flicks should give mark of kri a shot.