What's new

I am thinking of buying a game (1 Viewer)

I am thinking of buying a new game does anyone have suggestions? I like all kinds of games but specifically stealth and role playing games like kingdom hearts.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
well its not something you have likely tried, but seriously give Romance of the three kingdoms 7 a try, its an amazing game, i personally love it. rent it if you can, most peole who play games in this series either love them or hate them. dont say i didn't warn you :)

I love them tot he point i just about begged the guys at microplay to sell me their rental copy of romance of the three kingdoms 6.... but they would not budge...

funny but if i were less of a moral person i would ahve rented it, kept it said i lost it and paid a replacement fee of like 40 or 50.... which iw as willing to pay anyway

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
For stealth, I think the unarguable king right now is Splinter Cell. It doesn't get much more stealthy than that. Xbox version is out now, PS2 and GC versions in a month or two.

RPGs I'm not too sure. For PS2 there is Sudokein III (sp?) which is supposed to be rock solid and Xbox has Crimson Sea. Don't know much about Crimson Sea though, very pretty graphics from the trailer.

Those are the only two 'pure' stealth and RPG games that I know of right now (and are fairly new.) Best of luck...

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
In terms of stealth games I highly reccomend Splinter Cell(as said before available for the XBox now, PS2 in March, and Cube in May). Metal Gear Solid 2 is good but not great but it can be had for under 30(or 20 bucks for the PS2 version). Another title that requires alot of stealth is Hitman 2. I rented it and at first was really excited. Then I realized that the game is INSANELY difficult. You don't need to stay stealthy(you can accomplish a goal in any number of ways) but if you don't remain stealthy(and remaining stealthy is VERY hard) you'll get killed like that with no chance in hell of completing the mission. If you're thinking about getting it, be sure to rent it first. I'm very glad I rented it rather than doing a blind buy.

Michael G Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Try before you buy! The only games I have bought without testing is the Grand Theft Auto Series for PS2, Spider-Man : The Movie & Devil May Cry 1.
There have been many games that I've been so hyped about with previews & video clips that I've nearly made pre-orders, only to rent it and be highly disappointed. For example, most recently, Superman, War Of The Monsters, The Getaway and Rygar.

The only game that I rented and enjoyed enough that I would consider buying is Kingdom Hearts.

Again, always try before you buy, it will save you a big $ disappointment.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I'd get Metroid Prime.

Because it's Metroid Prime.

I don't have a better reason, I've just been locked into this game worse than anything I've played since Half-Life :D.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
My guess is he's talking about PS2, since he apparently likes Kingdom Hearts. Maybe the lucky duck has multiple systems! Mmmmm, multiple systems...donuts.....mmmmmm....

Damien

Supporting Actor
rpg's - skies of arcadia legends, suikoden 3, xenosaga(out soon)
stealth - sly cooper, splinter cell, hitman 2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks