What's new

I am such a noob, deciding on HTS please help me out. (1 Viewer)

brashbostonian

Auditioning
Real Name
Richie
I'm looking for a home theater system to compliment my un46b7000 samsung led tv, however I know absolutely nothing when it comes to these systems. ( I am looking to spend around $400 ) Right now the tv is set up in front of my bed on an end table but it will be going up on the wall when I move to a new apartment. What's the best system for me?

A few questions that I'm sure will display how incredibly ignorant I am on this subject.
1. What's "s air"
2. Do I need an expensive receiver to make it work well
3. If I bought a system that has blu ray, could I sell the blu ray piece and have it still work (as I already have PS3)
4. What constitutes a good subwoofer (technically wattage etc) and what are the best brands.

If you can answer any or all of these questions than you will live long and prosper. Incredibly good karma coming your way.

Thanks in advance.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Originally Posted by brashbostonian

I'm looking for a home theater system to compliment my un46b7000 samsung led tv, however I know absolutely nothing when it comes to these systems. ( I am looking to spend around $400 ) Right now the tv is set up in front of my bed on an end table but it will be going up on the wall when I move to a new apartment. What's the best system for me?

A few questions that I'm sure will display how incredibly ignorant I am on this subject.
1. What's "s air"[COLOR= #ff0000] I believe Sony markets a HTib system with wireless rear speakers which they call "Air"[/COLOR]

2. Do I need an expensive receiver to make it work well
3. If I bought a system that has blu ray, could I sell the blu ray piece and have it still work (as I already have PS3)
4. What constitutes a good subwoofer (technically wattage etc) and what are the best brands.

Answer 2-4 Since you state your budget is $400 then your best option is a HTib. (receiver, speakers, sub) I think most would agree that Onkyo is a favored brand. Check out their line. Since you already have a Blue Ray and PS3 I would not buy a receiver that has a built in Blue Ray. (Better to spend the money on receiver quality and speakers) Just make sure the receiver that you buy has the necessary connections for all of your other equipment. If you decide to mount the TV on a wall don't make the mistake of mounting it too high on the wall it will give you a stiff neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks