What's new

I am so excited right now. (1 Viewer)

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
I just opened my ACT scores; I scored a 30! At this point my home theater may be modest, but give me 10 years to finish high school, undergraduate study, and medical school and to get established :)
I'm so excited, combined with my GPA I'm sure I can go to school for free. Go me :)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Mark,

CONGRATS!

If you have the strong GPA to go with it, you should be able to find some serious scholarship help. I made the mistake of overlooking the HS GPA, so despite my 34 on the ACT I couldn't get a dime of scholarship money (I think I finished HS with a 2.12 GPA).

I guess maybe I should have gone to school more often...

-Vince

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
And hey, a 29 on the ACT qualifies you for Mensa. I also scored a 30 many years ago and, like Vince, I didn't have the greatest GPA to match it to. Still, the good score opened up the chance of getting into schools that I never would have otherwise considered and my eventual choice did come through with a good amount of scholarship money. Good luck!

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
The english and reading sections kill me, it ended up breaking down like this.

english - 28
math - 33
reading - 26
science - 34
composite - 30

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
wow congrats! i just got a 31 on my ACT's. hopefully it'll make up for my few extra curricular activities and lack of community service. As for GPA I'm pretty average (3.4 pretty weighted).

you start planning your dorm stereo yet? I'm kinda stuck between the buy something that'll rock and impress the ladies (ladies are impressed by a nice stereo right?)...or the buy something that I won't mind being stolen/broken idea.

Joseph_W

Stunt Coordinator
(ladies are impressed by a nice stereo right?)...
You must have gotten this from your dad! When I was in college, thirty years ago, the nicest stereo was king. When my Dad went the generation before, it was the best car. Maybe some of the college guys and girls out there will fill us both in on what is king today!

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
don't know about other colleges..but at ND its whose got the Alc. Most people could care less about a home theater, stereo, or a nice car.

So Mark and you others just finishing HS- what schools you looking at?

Todd

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
I just finished my junior year, so I'll graduate in 2003. My GPA is ~3.88/4.0
I haven't visited any schools yet so I am not sure where I want to go. I have been giving Case Western Reserve a good look, but I don't know what they can offer me scholarship wise, they are very selective. I may go to a lesser regarded school and pay less. I have given consideration to the University of Pittsburg, Ohio State University, University of Cincinnatti, Ohio Northern, and Ohio University-Athens.
Career wise I am undecided what I want to do but am giving serious consideration to pursuing my M.D. or becoming a Dentist. I've begun doing some job shadowing to see what is right for me. But I'll probably end up going to college majoring in biology and figure it out later :)
For the dorm room stereo, I don't think I'll go too extreme because I feel its hard to get a system so sound good in such a small room. But I'll probably just end up taking my JBL S26 and the SVS 25-31 PCi I'm ordering soon. I think I can live a while without surround sound.

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
Well cool...picking a college is a big decision, I should have spent more time choosing mine (I def. ended up at the right school, but mostly by chance and luck). I had a 25-31CS without the ISD and a samson s700 in my dormroom last year. Wasn't quite enough oomph...so i upgraded the driver, built a new enclosure for the old driver, and should be kickin it this year. College is fun- good luck with your search.

Todd

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
I agree about getting into the Ivys- not as hard as most think...but more importantly its about finding a school that fits you.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks