I am so embarrassed to ask this, but how do I post pictures on the internet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Alexander, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

I've been using the internet for a long time. I can navigate anything and go anywhere, but I can't post a picture or images to save my life. Is there some tutorial on posting pictures on the internet, specifically on forums such as these? Do I need a scanner?...A digital camera?...Or can I use a site on the internet that has pictures and post them elsewhere?

2. Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich Second Unit

First you need the pics in digital form. Either scanned, taken with a digital camera, on a disk from a film developer, etc. Next you need a place to post them. If you don't have your own web space, there are a number of places that will allow you some free webspace. Your ISP may give you some space or you can try Yahoo(I think they allow a few megs of space for pics if you register with them) Once you have them somewhere, use the IMG button on this forum to insert that pic in your post.(you have to insert the address of the pic) The link will then show in your post as a picture.

Bill