What's new

I am now officially a total movie geek (1 Viewer)

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
At lunch yesterday I walk into the kitchen, and a couple of my friends are already sitting and chatting. One of them says something, I didn't quite hear the beginning, but finishes with "yeah, it was a real nail biter."

I said "what was?"

My other friend says "The Game."

I said, "With Michael Douglas? Yeah, that was a pretty good ride, I'll get around to owning it one day I'm sure."

Friend 2 says, "No, Tom, the Bills game over the weekend."

:b

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Could have been worse, you could have had Triple H pop in to your head.

Chris

(Insert Lemmy from Motorhead's voice) "Time to play the game..."

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
OK, you're definitely a total movie geek, but what made it "official"? Did you get a certificate or something? ;)
Rob

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
OK, you're definitely a total movie geek, but what made it "official"? Did you get a certificate or something?
No certificate, but I did have to kneel before an altar to the Holy Trinity (Hitchcock, Kubrick & Kurosawa) and get smacked on each shoulder by a samurai sword once touched by Toshiro Mifune.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
In before the move...

For me, it was Hughes, Hill and Zemeckis.

An 80s movie geek, I am, but a movie geek nevertheless.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I know who was originally to produce and direct the 1986 version of "Little Shop Of Horrors".

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
For me it's Kubrick, Gilliam and the CoenBrothers (two count as one).

Great story Tom. What did they say?

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
Great story Tom. What did they say?
They've known me long enough not to be particularly surprised by anything that I say, so I just got the usual :rolleyes:and :).
These are people who 1) will never understand why owning a little over 300 movies on dvd (plus about another 500 on vhs) is just scratching the surface and 2) how I can possibly shelve them by director instead of alphabetically and still be able to find anything.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I've been there, but on a little more annoying end of the spectrum. Its amazing that people will openly act like they couldnt give two squirts of piss about what movie you watched over the weekend, but are amazed that you dont know the square root of total number of accumulated rushing yards for all the NFL games that were played that weekend. :angry: Its fine if you dont like movies, but have the curtousy to not act like I'm a freak for not liking what you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks