What's new

I am now co-hosting the SCOREcast podcast (an insider entertainment industry show with a music focus (1 Viewer)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Hey HTF friends,

I am now co-hosting the SCOREcast podcast and I wanted to share that with my HTF friends and invite you all to check it out.

What is SCOREcast you ask?

I will be joining DEANE OGDEN (IMDb) as co-host for the successful and steadily growing SCOREcast Podcast. I have already been contributing articles to the scorecastonline.com website. SCOREcastonline.com is a working community of film and television professionals dedicated to providing relevant news, opinion, commentary, and editorial about our business to the professional film production community. It's core aim is to inform and educate the film community on the re-sophistication of the business and craft of making music for film and television. Its team of contributing editors consists of working professional television and film composers, orchestrators, music editors, re-recording mixers, film music recordists, and composer assistants. In addition to the website articles and information, DEANE OGDEN started a monthly podcast show in 2007. Ogden had enlisted the help of veteran film and television composer LEE SANDERS (who scores CBS's AMAZING RACE) (IMDb) to co-host the SCOREcast podcast, and expand the SCOREcast reach to other forms of digital communication. After early integration into the iTunes family of podcasts, SCOREcast rapidly became one of the most listened-to film music-centric podcasts on the Internet. In August of 2007, after back-to-back turns on iTunes’ Featured Top 20 list, two of America’s top universities incorporated the SCOREcast podcast into the “recommended resources” for their film music certification program curricula. By January 2008, the SCOREcast listener base on iTunes reached upwards of 6,000 people worldwide. They have completed 26 podcast shows to date. Due to a busy and hectic schedule, Lee Sanders has stepped aside from his co-hosting responsibilities and I am thrilled and excited to be stepping in as the new co-host of the show with Deane. Today, the SCORECAST podcast broadcasts regularly from iTunes, and is heard by tens of thousands of people worldwide. SCORECASTONLINE.COM serves as the main companion to the podcast, and has become the Internet’s leading hub of interactive discussion for the professional film and television music communities, with over 40,000 unique visits per day by people all around the globe. So for Home Theater Forum folks who would like to get a glimpse into some behind the scenes entertainment industry discussion, news and events (with a music / composer focus), please feel free to check it out. Our latest show (my first co-hosting) went live yesterday. The info for that show I have copied here below. _____________________________ SCOREcast No.27 - "The Long Winter" Original Air Date: December 12, 2010 This Episode: “The Long Winter” Co-hosts: Deane Ogden and Brian Ralston SCOREcast theme composed by: Jeroen “Kejero” Rogier (http://www.kejero.com) iTunes RSS Link The new dynamic duo of Deane Ogden and Brian Ralston will catch you up on all of the things that have taken place lately, including the winner of our SCOREcast Theme Contest from February 2010, the latest in film music news and events, an update on the proposed Composers Union, and a preview of the upcoming NAMM Show next month in Anaheim, CA. Get ready for an episode chock-full of goodies as we close an extremely busy 2010 and look forward to a full docket of SCOREcast episodes in 2011! http://www.scorecastonline.com/2010/12/scorecast-no-27-the-long-winter.html You all can either download and/or subscribe to the iTunes RSS link above. Or if you go to the show's web link directly above...it will stream through your web browser. Look for the grey play button half way down the page. Hopefully some of the film fans here at the HTF will still find our "entertainment industry focused" show interesting and will want to stick with us as we have plans to grow and do some cool things over the coming year ahead. Enjoy!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Awesome Brian, congrats and consider me subscribed. One guest I'd love to hear you interview is the guy who did the Devil soundtrack. I'd love to know why that's not available for purchase anywhere, I'd buy it in an instant!

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Our Pre-NAMM show is up. The NAMM show is the yearly convention at the Anaheim convention center for the National Association of Music Merchants. It is essentially a place where the manufacturers and software developers who make the stuff we use in the music industry can show off their products and announce new products to the distributors who sell their stuff. It is not really a show for the end user to attend. But many do find a way into the show by being sponsored by a developer. We are covering it at scorecastonline.com because it is a huge event for composers and musicians. Also...our guest this week is Emmy Winning composer Richard Bellis...who some may know by his award wining score to Stephen King's "IT". ENJOY Folks! All 1 hour, 40 minutes of goodies. [/url] Original Air Date: January 11, 2011 This Episode: “2011 Pre-NAMM Episode” Co-hosts: Deane Ogden and Brian Ralston Guest Host: Richard Bellis SCOREcast theme composed by: Jeroen “Kejero” Rogier iTunes RSS Link We’re ringing in the New Year with our 28th episode, and we’re mixing up the format… yet again! In this edition of SCOREcast Podcast, Deane and Brian welcome Emmy-winning composer Richard Bellis along for the ride to talk about the state of the industry, how the Academy decides eligibility for the Best Score Oscar®, and what emerging technologies are will carry forth into 2011 for media composers. Also, pay special attention for an “Easter Egg” in the final 1/3 of the show: A special shout-out to those of you attending the NAMM Show this week in Anaheim, California. We are just full of surprises today on this show, so sit back, relax, smoke a cigar, and enjoy. (Okay, don’t really smoke a cigar!) TOPICAL LIST 1. The Re-Sophistication of the Craft 2. The Rise of “Celebrity Scores” 3. The Academy Award Nomination Process 4. Trending Technologies for Composers 5. “The Composer Censushttp://www.scorecastonline.com/2011/01/scorecast-no-28-2011-pre-namm.htm

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
In a slight departure from our regular monthly podcasts...Deane and I are starting a series of "BONUS" podcasts called SCOREcast sessions. These will be "in between" the monthly shows...will most likely not have a guest and just be Deane and I...and be a bit more relaxed in the format. Just think of these like bonus episodes of SCOREcast. ___________________________ Original Air Date: January 31, 2011 This Episode: 2011 NAMM Wrap-Up Episode Co-hosts: Deane Ogden and Brian Ralston SCOREcast theme composed by: Jeroen “Kejero” Rogier SCOREcast announcer: Jeff Rechner iTunes RSS Link PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: In our very first SCOREcast Session episode, Deane and Brian go in-depth with their impressions from this year’s NAMM Show. Utilizing a different format in this episode, the boys walk you through the hits and misses from the convention floor and also answer a few listener emails from last months regular episode. If you were at NAMM this year, you’ll appreciate the more detailed descriptions of some of the items that were highlighted during our 2011 NAMM Video Series. If you weren’t in Anaheim, get your notepad ready… You won’t want to miss some of these killer products coming out in 2011! http://www.scorecastonline.com/2011/01/scorecast-session-2011-namm-wrap-up-episode.html

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Original Air Date: February 25, 2011 This Episode: Episode 29: Christopher Lennertz Co-hosts: Deane Ogden and Brian Ralston SCOREcast theme composed by: Jeroen “Kejero” Rogier SCOREcast announcer: Jeff Rechner iTunes RSS Link PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Chipmunks, Spartans, and bunny rabbits——Oh my!! In our 29th episode, Emmy-nominated composer Christopher Lennertz (Alvin and the Chipmunks, Marmaduke, Hop!) stops in to hang out with Deane and Brian and talk about everything from scoring features, games, and television to didgeridoos and chocolate bunny rabbits! The boys also discuss a new film music financing model that is gaining traction in industry circles, and they continue the ongoing discussion of the proposed composers union in order to highlight a few very interesting recent developments. If this episode sounds like it is packed to the gills, that’s because IT IS! Hunker down and take it all in! http://www.scorecastonline.com/2011/02/scorecast-no-29.html

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
After an extended break due to our working schedules...we are back with a new episode for you guys. Enjoy! Original Air Date: July 11, 2011 This Episode: Episode 30: The Gloves Come Off Co-hosts: Deane Ogden and Brian Ralston SCOREcast theme composed by: Jeroen “Kejero” Rogier SCOREcast announcer: Jeff Rechner iTunes RSS Link PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The boys are back, they’re mad as hell, and they’re not gonna take it anymore! In this episode, things get pretty heated as Deane and Brian hash through some controversial topics including the new composer agency at WME, UJam’s songwriting software being actively endorsed by the Zimmer camp, and a recap of recent unionization news. Finally, in a segment that will be valuable to most people struggling to get started in the business, Deane and Brian dissect a real-life scenario regarding the right way to begin a professional media composing career. Add to that a look inside the creation of Cinesamples’ Cinebrass library as well as our ever popular Top Picks segment, and you’ve got an episode that packs a pretty powerful punch. With almost 90 minutes of rapid-fire content, this episode is one you are not going to want to miss! http://www.scorecastonline.com/2011/07/scorecast-no-30.html

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
In this episode...I spoke with James Horner's longtime music editor Jim Henrickson and software developer Dan Brock about their work on Avatar. Jim is a great story teller and had some great stories from his vast career as well...dating back to the original Star Trek series and most all of Horner's scores since Willow. Check it out!
sco_podcast.jpg
Episode Recording Date: June 4, 2011 Original Air Date: September 18, 2011 This Episode: Episode 31: Music Editing Avatar Co-hosts: Brian Ralston SCOREcast theme composed by: Jeroen “Kejero” Rogier SCOREcast announcer: Jeff Rechner iTunes RSS Link PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: In this SCOREcast Session episode originally recorded on June 4, 2011, Brian Ralston sat down with composer James Horner’s long-time music editor Jim Henrikson and Cuetime software developer and music editor Dan Brock to discuss the role of the music editor in the Hollywood feature filmmaking process. Get ready for an incredibly entertaining episode full of stories from some of filmmaking’s greatest moments, including a behind-the-scenes rundown on how the music for James Cameron’s 3D sensation Avatar was recorded. This is one episode you will not want to miss! http://www.scorecastonline.com/2011/09/scorecast-session-music-editing-avatar.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks