I am Looking for Polk RTi100s Brand New

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Anthony_Br, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Anthony_Br

Anthony_Br Agent

Or close to brand new. Does anybody have some of these to sell and if so how much is your asking price. Thanks!

2. DrewSmith

DrewSmith Stunt Coordinator

There are a couple pairs on Ebay.

I would go with The RTI70's myself much better midrange. The RTI100's as Im sure you know have the powered subs in them, In my opinion they are the weakest speaker in the RTI 70/100/150 line.

I own the 70's and adore them.

3. Anthony_Br

Anthony_Br Agent

Thanks for the feedback Drew. Got a question for you then, I already own a pair of R50s so would it even be advantageous to get a pair of RTi70s? Or should I stick with what I already have. Thanks for any info that you can provide!

4. DrewSmith

I used to own R30's a step below the 50's. The 70's are night and day better, midrange is wonderful highs to me are mellow and smooth, and low end isn't bad, a sub is still needed. the difference in music i find to be huge, crystal clear and alive. The difference in movies not so huge but still better.

I would check all your local and maybe not so local Circuit City's most likely they are all out, but it is worth trying. I got mine for $320.00 for the pair. If not Ebay I guess is an option.

I would also join the POLK Audio Forum at http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/

Check out the Flea Market there you might get lucky. I frequent the site, and much info from Polk experts is available. Just start a thread want to buy RTI70's Im sure you might get someone willing to sell them.

I think mostly anyone there would back up my thoughts on the 70's over the 100's. Unfortunately you will probably have to take my word for it since chances of demoing them side by side, is most likely not possible.

If I can answer any other questions you can email me at
    [email protected] or just PM me.

5. DrewSmith

I guess I should have got a little more into detail. What are you other speakers? What are you going to be powering them with? Do you have room for a sub? What are your listening habits 50% movies 50% music?

6. Anthony_Br

Anthony_Br Agent

Thanks for the excellent input once again Drew. I listen to 90% video games and movies and 10% straight music. My setup is as follows:

Denon 3803 receiver
    Sony DVD player
    Polk R50 fronts
    Polk RTi4 surrounds
    Polk CSi3 center
    Velodyne CHT-10 sub

7. Anthony_Br

Anthony_Br Agent

Also do you know of anywhere else other than ebay where I could possibly get these speakers new or next to new? Thanks.

8. DrewSmith

The polk forum may be your best bet, they are now discontinued and pretty hard to find. Circuit City or fry's may be the only other real choices. If you can find a pair for under $400.00 you got a pretty good deal. They perform very well with music & movies. Cant say I have really played to many video games through them, since I have a small set up in my bedroom where all my gaming action takes place. They will be quiet a step up from the 50's, you can always sell the 50's too.

Again anything I can help you with please ask.

Since you have a Velo sub I would go for the 70's if you can find them.

Andy

9. Anthony_Br

Anthony_Br Agent

Thanks alot I will check around the Polk forum and see what I can find.

10. Andy_A

Andy_A Second Unit

I also think the rti70s are a great choice. You may also check around for a set of rt800i which are the predecessor to the 70s and are essentially the same speaker. I have a pair of the rt800is I am selling along with the matching cs400i center channel speaker if you are interested. Are you by any chance in the southeast/W. NC/Atl, GA/SC/TN?

11. Anthony_Br

Anthony_Br Agent

Sorry no I am not I am in the Michigan area. I will now focus on getting some RTi70s if you guys feel that they will sound better. Thanks for your input and if you run across anything keep me in mind.

12. Andy_A

Andy_A Second Unit

I'd also recommend a pair of rt55i speakers. They supposedly are bookshelves, but are some of the largest cabinets on a bookshelf I have ever seen. They have the same 3 drivers as on the rti70 but in a bookshelf cabinet. The thing is, the cabinet is much wider so there is still a lot of volume. I had the chance to a-b these w/ the 800i/i70s and I actually liked some of the characteristics of the rt55i better. The bass response was solid and really close to the towers. Mated with a solid low stand they would be great. Good luck w/ the search. Here's a nice completed auction I found for the rt55i: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14991