What's new

I am leaning towards a CRT. Help me decide: NEC 10PG or Marquee 9500LC (1 Viewer)

ToddKidder

Auditioning
I am leaning toward a CRT instead of digital, for my new home theater project. There will be no windows room is 23x37 feet. I want to have a very large screen. I am thinking 120" plus.

I am able to pick up an NEC 10PG with new original green and blue, and rebuilt red tubes for just under $5,000.00.

I would like to know which one might be a better choice, not based solely on cost.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I don't have any experience with the 10pg, but that sounds like a good price if it's in solid condition.

Hard to say, it would depend on the condition of the 9500. I personally would get the 9500LC as it's newer, and I'm familiar with the Marquee chassis, and you can do a lot of mods with it, parts are readily available, etc, but I'm not familiar at all with the 10pg, except that I believe it's an older generation behind the XG, but still an incredible unit form what I've read.

You have a private message as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks