What's new

I am going crazy! PLEASE Help Me! (1 Viewer)

JaimeC

Grip
Well Guys,
Every time I go to a different audio/video store I come out more confused as what is better for me. The rep pitches there best, trying to push there selling brand and gives me his full blown lingo as to why.
The latest was this Mits TV guy trying to knock off the Pioneer Elite PRO-710HD. he told me the Pioneer did not have "fire-wire" capability like the new Mits. and telling me that my future intent to put up Paradigm Studio 80 towers and centers with Def Tech BPX Rears and sub-woofer was not a good match.
I have three new questions and I am running out of time. I already bought the Pioneer TV and now need to purchase the rest before Thanksgiving:
1) Denon AVR-4802 (internet $1600) or the Pioneer VSX-39TX (internet $1450)
2) Panasonic DVD Player RP91K (internet $424), the Panasonic RP91 (is this the same as RP91K?), or the Pioneer DV-C36 Elite.
3)Sony HDTV SAT Receiver SAT-HD100 ($799) or Toshiba DST3000 ($799)
4)Catcables or MIT cables or Better Cables.
Thanks for fast replies.
JaimeC

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
On two of your questions, I would go with the Denon receiver and the Panasonic DVD player. You might want to consider having Paradigm for your surround speakers as well.
------------------

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
JamieC,
I'm going to ask the same question as Matthew, have you considered making all your speakers Paradigm? A pair of Studio 20s would be an outstanding match with the 80s.
The Panny RP-91 comes in 2 models, N & K. The K model is black, the N model is champagne colored. I prefer the Panny over the Pioneer.
------------------
Dan

JaimeC

Grip
Thanks Guys,
Well i haven't considered going with all Paradigms only because the store rep considered the package and I don't know much about HT. I loved the Def Tech but too much $$$. I'll have to ask him about this match. he's coming to my home next week to check out my room layout. it is very large, about 20 x 20 with an open floor plan layout that leads into the kitchen and my office. It forms an "L" formation type of plan.
JaimeC

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Hi Jaime,
Just like to vote for the Denon also, and although ive heard and like the BPX surrounds, Id go with Paradigm.
Ive also heard good things about the Toshiba HD receiver.
To chime in on the woofer, many, many here love http://svsubwoofers.com
Keep us posted.
------------------
RobertDuvall.jpg
"Charlie don't surf."

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Firewire is at least 10 years away from what I hear. So unless you plan on using this TV 20 years don't base your decision on firewire.
I agree with everyone else regarding receiver choices.

JoshS

Stunt Coordinator
Howdy,
I would just like to give my recommendations:
1. For your reciever I would also go with the Denon.
2. Stick with matching speakers, Paradigm 20s would make great surrounds.
3. From what everybody is saying, the Panny is a great value and hard to beat performance wise.
4. For cables I would go with Catcables, great build quality and great performance for the money.
Just my .02
Good luck,
Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks