I am getting sound from the rears when in Stereo

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jeff Aguilar, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    I recently, tonight, upgraded my mains to Martin Logan Aerius i speakers. I noticed that when I played a cd while in stereo mode, the rear speakers were on. This has never happened before.
    When running my Energy Veritas 2.1's, this did not happen. I know that my speaker wires are set up correctly.

My system is the Outlaw 950, 2 Parasound 855HCA's, Martin Logan Aerius i's for mains and Energy Veritas everywhere else. The Martin Logans are 4 ohm speakers while everything else is 8 ohms. Could this be confusing the Outlaw? I have my ML bi-amped. So for the left speaker I have one channel coming from amp A and the one channel coming from amp B. Could this be messing things up?

Please help.

Jeff Aguilar

2. Jaime B

Jaime B Stunt Coordinator

Jeff:

Nice upgrade, confusing problem!

The Outlaw doesn't care about the speaker impedance because it is a processor. The Parasound amps are the ones that "see" the speaker impedance. Irrespectively, this has NOTHING to do with your rears outputting sound on "stereo" mode. Either the Outlaw is in one of the "enhanced' sound modes, or very simply you routed one one of the Bi-amp speaker cables incorrectly which and has the rears singing. In such a case either the ML's panel don't output sound, or the woofer section doesn't.

If none of the above, call your friendly dealer. maybe another HTF friend has the answer,

JaimeB

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Jeff figured it out..he had a couple of speaker wires crossed at the wall plates.

4. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff
    I did figure it out, quite embarassing actually! I am suppose to be smarter than such a simple mistake! But it works now, and how sweet it sounds!!!

Jeff

5. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Just checked out your HT and you have a very nice house and equipment list.

6. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff
    Thanks David,

Most of my gear is a direct result of browsing THIS board! HTF has got me to spend SO MUCH money, it is crazy!

I will be updating my pictures of the family room today to show the new Martin Logans. They turned out pretty good.

Jeff