I am finally online!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeH1, Sep 13, 2002.

1. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

For those that may have read my former thread about what to and not to do as a new pc user a few weeks back, I can now proudly say I went online today. My very own IP address. Woohoo! The first thing I did was get the Norton antivirus running and updated, downloaded Zonelabs Zone alarm and checked the weaknesses on www.grc.com(I also installed the service pack for windows xp's flaws) and d/l Kazaa for, well... you know [​IMG]
    I also read a post about that trillian chat and even though I'm not very familiar with it yet I think its the cat's ass.
    The best thing is now I can hang out at my favorite website anytime I want. That in itself makes having the net worth it. And oh yeah Erica from ICQ just popped up. Again. Ahh... life with the internet!

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Welcome to the internet

3. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

4. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Andre you are just upset because we have an internet special friend and you don't [​IMG]

5. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

Yeah, Kazaa! Spyware central!
    Do yourself a favor and grab a copy of AdAware (www.lavasoftusa.com) as soon as possible -- unless you don't mind Kazaa spying on you and using your PC's horsepower for their own profit.

6. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Hey Hein-ie.... ltns I thought you already WERE online, what happened buddy? I've been away from HTF for quite some time.
    Go to www.download.com and get yourself a copy of Ad-Aware 5.83 as well as Pop-Up Stopper and you should be good to go. Have you picked up Kazaa Lite yet? The Lite version doesn't keep putting Cycor on your computer and runs a whole lot faster. Google for it, IIRC you get it from a *.tk website. I've been using it for a couple months now and no problems.
    Now seeing that you're an Edmonton boy.. I hope you went with DSL?? I'm gonna come up there and pound yo a** if you didn't.... -l jk bud..
    glad to hear from you anyways. drop me a line sometime
    [email protected]
    Q 121412168
    I might check out that trillian thing... I've heard of it, but people near me did not recommend it.

7. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

You bet Paul did the DSL thing. Living on Whyte ave near the university I didn't want cable cause of the slow down associated with how many users are online. In this area everybody has a pc.
    Just to quickly review what I said a few weeks ago I finally bought my own computer, in the past I was always using my roomates. Now that I live alone (and with winter approaching with my seasonal job) I knew it was time to pick one up. Its cheap and keeps me out of the bars since I only have about 100 to choose from here on the ave.
    Its all good [​IMG]