What's new

i am down to 4 receivers. would love some advise (1 Viewer)

paries

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
So i need to update my receiver in my theater room after looking/googling and reading reviews I am down to 4 (unless someone adds to the list) these are the 4 Denon AVR-1912 Onkyo TX-NR709 Yamaha RX-V671 Marantz SR5006 I am no audiofile, more of a techie, but good sound is important to me. I will be using this in my Theatre room connected to a projector as the display device and ps3 as my blueray and then a couple other html devices. Thanks for any input Randy

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I was just making a purchase decision in the same class. My take is that Denon and Yamaha are nearly identical, with the one exception that the Denon does not provide composite and component out, which was a deal breaker for me. The Onkyo has more feature than all of them and is the best deal, but they have a reputation for running hot (plus, in my case my last 2 were Onkyos and I wanted to experiment elsewhere). I didn't review the Marantz 5006 due to the display size. (I decided I wanted a smaller form factor, so went with a Marantz 1602 and lived with less power for my small 13x15 room. The Yamaha was my 2nd choice.)

mjcmt

Agent
Real Name
Mike
I come from an audiophile background and yamaha sounds so good to me w/ a clear and musical presentation with my audiophile speakers. I had a denon at on time and found the sound muffled with my musical speakers, but it mates well will super detailed speakers like klipsch. I read onkyo is punchy sounding and marantz is said to be musical and smooth, but I have no experience with them.

mjcmt

Agent
Real Name
Mike
Congratulation! Did you get the rxv671. Looks nice to me and I'm sure it sounds great too.

paries

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
mike, yeah i got the YAM RX-V671BL should get it this week , yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks