What's new

I am DEEP FRY CRAZY!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Deep Fried Beer Battered Pickles!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I also have a fry daddy and a turkey fryer, though the oil is so damn expensive I find myself not wanting to fry often (3 gallons for a turkey.. ouch.)

I love french fries, chicken nuggets, fish sticks anything like that.

there used to be an italian place in pittsburgh that served deep fried provolone cheese, not sure how it was done tho, damn it was good.

KrisM

Second Unit
Other than wings, I don't do alot of deep-frying, but last night I fryed some breaded chicken cutlets in extra virgin olive oil, and damn it was tasty! Next to the grilled garlic/dijon chicken I usually do it was the best chicken I've had in awhile. Maybe we should start a thread about weird things that we grill up on the BBQ. Pizza is one of my favs. Has anybody tried to deep-fry one of these?:D
Regards
KrisM

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Hey Scooter-

While I was reading your post, all I could think of was this quote from The Simpsons:

"See Marge, I told you they could Deep-Fry my shirt."

"I never said they couldn't. I said you shouldn't."

-Homer and Marge, The Simpsons.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Ben: I am 46...left 30 behind a while ago!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Dude, you're gonna die. :laugh:
Well, okay, we're all going to one day... knock yourself out. :)
As for my favorites, yes, fried okra kicks butt, and I'm sure the turkey rocks, but I've never had the pleasure. I'll second the pickles, but my real big fried love would be...
Fried musrooms... oh yeah! Oh, and sweet corn too. MMMMMM!

Chris Wittry

Stunt Coordinator
If you've never had a cheese frenchee, then you're missing out! It's basically a deep fat fried cheese sandwich and damn are they good. If you're interested, here's a recipe.
Yet another Simpson's memory was brought up, the one where Moe starts up his family restaurant and buys the Army regulation fryer that can flash fry an entire buffalo! :D

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
The Ultimate...

Deep Fried Ice Cream. Hot, Crunchy outside. Cold, creamy ice cream inside.

Transcendental.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Scooter,

Dip some fresh Ravioli in egg and coat them with some Italian bread crumbs, then toss them in for a couple minutes. Dip them in marinara. Good stuff!

John Giddens

Stunt Coordinator
Surprised this one hasn't been thrown out yet. Pork chops. Get yourself some Original Recipe Dixie Fry, usually next to the bread machine mixes. Then some thin cut pork chops, they fry the best, like half an inch thick. Salt and pepper the chops, get a one gallon Ziploc bag, pour the Dixie fry into the bag and drop the chops in. Leave some air in the bag. Shake the bag up to coat the chops. Drop them in the fryer for close to ten minutes. I actually don't time them, I let them fry till I get the desired golden brown. Then it's time to enjoy some juicy pork chops. I use fried okra as a side dish for this.

Gary_E

Second Unit
This sounds strange but being a low carb eater for many years, I've had to experiment with many different types of foods. Since my deep fryer is my appliance of choice may I suggest deep fried chicken skins. They cook up just like potato chips and are very good.

-Gary

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Gotta resurrect this thread (compliments to Scooter for tracking it down).

So... what about deep-fried Twinkies ? Those will etch a tombstone faster than marrying Liz Taylor.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Funny you sould mention Twinkies! I was at WalMart and I saw a "kit" for making Corndogs AND Twinkies. Comes with a kettle and the molds to shape'em! Tried looking on their website for a link, but couldn't find one.

EVERYTHING tastes better deep fried!!!!!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I once tried Fried Pasta Fazul. If you don't know what Pasta Fazul is, it's a thick Italian soup consisting of Macaroni and Beans.

Obviously you can't deep fry soup, but if you have leftover Pasta Fazul (that's been in the fridge long enough to congeal), you can roll it in a ball and deep fry it.

Mmmmmm!

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
fresh fish right out of the fryer is wonderful.

broccoli and sweet potato are both really good when coated with a thin batter like Tempura and deep fried.

Randy_Sh

Stunt Coordinator
Oh the memories...back in college we had a commercial grade deep fryer at the Fraternity house. "Deep Fried Goodness" is what we called it. Most popular late at night after a return from the bars...

Tried numerous items in the deep fryer...pretty much anything got thrown in...

I always was partial to making my own fries with the sweet pototoes and giant idaho potatoes that we kept on hand...

Mozzarella Sticks were always good...had to time them right or the cheese would explode out though...

The bad thing was emptying the "mel-fry" oil that we used. Got dumped into a 55 gallon drum that was picked up every month or so. Always seemed that someone's drum was being knocked over and a giant smelly oil slick would be all over the place...

Deep Fried Goodness...yum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks