What's new

I am clueless what I need to buy.. (1 Viewer)

Korny

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan
I have several in ceiling speakers around my house. I was going to have it all connected to Control4 until I found out that I have no control of my control4 when it come to tweaking/adding things. I'm not a fan of that and decided to go another route. I have about 6 pairs of speakers(zones). The zones would be, garage, patio, ceiling speaker family room surrounds, kitchen, basement speakers, ceiling speakers for basement surround entertainment center.

I have a media room where all those speaker wires run to and would love to have something(multi zone receiver, multi zone amp) to control those zones seamlessly, but I have no idea what to get? Do I need an amp and a receiver?

I would like to be able to tell Alexa " Alexa, play Imagine Dragons on patio", and it would automatically start streaming Imagine Dragons on the patio speakers.

I honestly don't care if I can't get the video side working with this setup, but I would really like the audio to work.

What do I need to do to get this done?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
A multizone system suitable to meet the needs you’ve described is extremely complex and sophisticated. Your best bet is to call Home Theater Direct. If it’s out of their wheelhouse, you’re going to need a company that specializes in systems like this. Don’t expect to do this on the cheap.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks