What's new

I AM ANGRY, Need advice ASAP (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
right, but i didnt find the crack til after they left, so i have no proof that they did it, even thought i heard and saw the drop.

i will have to wait for the phone call tomorrow to see if they admit to it.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus

Best Buy made this same goof with me a while ago. When it broke and I came to get it replaced per the warranty, they tried to say this was a as is purchase, but when I showed them the warranty they were pissed the sale person sold me the warranty. So they tried to save face and have me pay the difference, but I wasen't going for that, so they had to just give me the new one per the warranty. They were not pleased :)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I think it all depends on what type of store you bought it from & their policy. Before you go off the deep end see what they have to say about the crack in your set & what their willing to do about it. The next thing I would do if they won't own up to the crack is to call your local television station's & see if they have a "Consumer Reporter" & see if he/she can help you out. There's nothing that retailer's hate MORE than a spot on the local news(Or even just a call from a Consumer Reporter) telling everyone your problem & that the store din't stand behind their products or service & if it's a chain store no manager wants to hear from the top brass at HQ's over any incident like that, & needless to say JVC is not going to be very happy about it either. I would also say if it's a chain store & the manager gives you no satisfaction before you go to a tv station see what the main office can do for you because you may just have a store manager flexing his muscle but also let him know that if he can't handle it you want to know from him who can & you will be contacting his main office. Hope it works out for you.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
well i called the service place today to find out the status and she told me they are ordering me a new cabinet from JVC.

I am sure some of you guys think i should have went after i new tv, but i really like the crystal clear picture of this tv and a new cabinet will be fine with me. like i said, i have never seen a better picture on a tube.

Atleast they are admitting to it by not giving me a hard time and getting the order out right away.

i personally would rather keep this tv and know what i got instead of getting a new tv and starting all over again.

and as far as my purity problems are now, they are just about perfect. this set looks nice.

lets just hope it looks the same after they install the tube into the new cabinet.

i will post a new thread when the cabinet is installed.
thanks.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
What was the name of the store you bought it at because they do deserve some :emoji_thumbsup: for taking the high road.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
The store is Rosas. It is a store up here in the Buffalo area with 4 stores around the area....

what do you mean "the high road"?

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
lol. The high road, you know, showing their quality, showing class, doing the right thing basically.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks