I am about to see the light......uhh I mean HDTV.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoelC, Feb 26, 2001.

1. JoelC

JoelC Stunt Coordinator

Just ordered ExpressVu and hope to be able to gain access to HDTV. I can't wait, now my year old Pioneer Elite 510 can start being used for what it was made(too bad I already missed the Super Bowl and Playoffs).

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Congrats, Joel! Could you tell us a little bit about ExpressVu, for those of us who aren't familiar?
    Let me tell ya...HDTV has changed my appreciation of broadcast television, just as the digital TV and progressive scan DVD player has changed my appreciation of DVD.
    Cheers,
    Steve

3. Dinesh

Dinesh Auditioning

EVu is a canadian DBS provider. Available in the US through gray market address brokers.
    Positive points include giving those without OTA-HD capability access to two HD feeds (from boston and seattle I believe). Also, some free HD movies. And for me, it's more southward facing bird makes it the only sat I have even the possibility of receiving from my apartment.
    Negatives include a receiver which cannot pull in OTA HD (otherwise, it's substantially similar to the dish 6000 receiver) and a lack of decent breadth of HD movies (outside the few, often repeated free ones).
    dinesh

4. JoelC

JoelC Stunt Coordinator

Hi Steve, I would love to explain this thing but I am not even sure how it is all going to work. For me not being able to receive any HDTV for at least 5 years(Vermont is way behind times), I read over on AVS Forum that you could get the HDTV fed out of Boston. From what I gather this is NOT illegal and many people have gotten it. I ordered my equipment from kusat.com. I am still learning what I need to do next, but it seems to be the best route to go if you can not get the networks OTA.