What's new

I am a happy SVS convert !!!! (1 Viewer)

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Well the short version is I have slowly moved up thesubwoofer ladder. The list of subs is DLS 10", Sony WM40, Jensen JS1000, and Velodyne cht-150. All have been good subs in their own right with the Velodyne being great but I now understand the SVS hype on the board and where it stems from.

I received a 20-39PCI tuned to 17hz and it feels like the first day all over again. I now feel the bass so much more than just hear it. The SVS really struts below 25hz. Not even the Velodyne could keep up here. Hearing really good bass for the first time is amazing to say the least.

Thanks Tom V. for all of your help. And you are too modest! Your product is top notch ahead of the rest. The best $600 I have ever spent period!!:D

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Jeff:

I am glad that you like your new SVS....now you can maybe understand why I am mad at my husband right now for selling ours...Yes we are getting another one...but who knows when it will actually get here...I guess I am addicted to SVS now...kinda sad, uh? LOL

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Hey thats great Jeff. (Up the ladder you go) The authority and quality SVS provides in the lower regions really knocks your socks off would you not say? What did you decide to do with your Vel? Are you planning on a Vel/SVS combo or ?????.
>
Congrats:emoji_thumbsup: O > Yes! That Tom V does come in on the modest side of the tracks imo to. I think it serves him well.:wink:

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Actually I am running the SVS-Velodyne combo in one corner and using the DLS for the surround channels. Just finished the setup this morning and man in a 12x13 room completely enclosed all I can say is WOW!!!!

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Parker for this great forum. Without it I would still be using the TV speakers in surround mode. Wow that seems like ages ago - and about $8500 dollars ago.;) Now I am headed out this morning to pick up a pair of Polk RTI-70's. There goes another $700.00:D

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the props...much appreciated! I'm really glad the 39PCi is meeting your expectations. We always try to suggest the least expensive options we feel will meet the HT enthusiasts performance expectations. I bet for every person looking at a PCi we try to steer towards a PC+ (usually becasue of room size), we have 5 we try to convince the PCi will be fine for their needs.

>>>Thanks Tom V. for all of your help. And you are too modest! Your product is top notch ahead of the rest. The best $600 I have ever spent period!

RickMo

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats, Jeff. I know what you're experiencing cuz I just recently upgraded from Polk to SVS. Quite a difference, indeed. I just finished watching Star Trek Nemesis and it's a perfect break-in DVD for the SVS. Plenty of room shaking sub-bass.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
RickMo>> Speaking of Star Trek Nemeses ( True story ) I came home one Friday a few weeks ago with this movie in hand. It had been a long week and a 14 hr Friday to top it off. I plugged in the movie and proceeded to fall asleep within 2-3 minutes. By the time I woke up it was just getting over so I started it over again and watched it from start to finish. As I was watching it I remember saying to myself this sure is weak in the LFE dept. When I got up off my duff and I noticed my QSC amp was not running! What!---My wife came in and powered it off and let every thing els run for I would have woke up if she turned off the TV/Movie:D So now I need to visit Nemeses again. I still can't figure how I did this. I just kept blaming the mix on the LFE track. I knew I did not turn off the QSC. No auto function on that QSC:) .
>
I heard that Tom. Once again I concede that duel ct-150's will not do what one 25-31 CS+ will in the lower regions. I laugh thinking back at all the comparisons I kept throwing at you. How many Vels would it take?:laugh:.. My duel SVS's did not do very well on Star Trek Nemeses though and that is why I figured I needed the PB2+ in the mix to:wink:

RickMo

Stunt Coordinator
I hate to go off-topic, Steve, but NEMESIS is worth a re-visit. If for nothing else the one scene where Picard uses the Enterprise as a ramrod. (But there are many more.)

Jonny K

Second Unit
Yeah, Nemesis has some killer bass during the starship battles. :)

I'm wondering something. I currently have a DIY 15" Tempest sub in a 214L Adire Alignment enclousure. I'm very happy with it. It hits all frequencies nicely, and puts out great volume. I call it "my precious". :D

Yet how does this compare to an SVS? I've never heard one before, so I have no idea how my current setup compares.

Thanks,

Jonny K.

RickMo

Stunt Coordinator
That'd be a tough call, Jonny. I'm unfamiliar with your sub set-up. You might also want to try the subwoofer section on the Klipsch forum (try http://forums.klipsch.com). Someone there might be able to offer up some info for you as well as someone on this forum too. Good luck.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Jonny K >> I also have a AV15 in a 225 L enclosure tuned to 20 Hz. It is turning out to be a good sub but imo SVS is the most-best performing bang for your dollar bass option money can buy short of // DIY

Jonny K

Second Unit
Well I'm up here in Canada. My Tempest sub cost me about 700 CAN to DIY. An SVS is totally out of the question at this moment, but maybe some years down the line.

Jonny K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks