What's new

I am a freak and I hate my body (1 Viewer)

AllanN

Supporting Actor
32-31x30 5’9’ My problem is that I'm such a common size I need to get to stores early to find good prices and forget about clearances.

Eric Brunton

Agent
I had the same problem as you, I'm 36 36 and 6ft tall. Most of the shops at the mall don't carry jeans long enough for me either. I did find some 36 36 jeans at American Eagle outfitters as well as the Gap. Try Levis 529 brand if you are into trendy jeans, they tend to carry my size more than other stores and they are pretty good jeans.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Casey, most of the stores I go to seem to also stock pants no longer than 32 inches. You can get a waist size 48 but it'll still be 32 long. I'm 6 foot btw. Recently when I was in Macy's shopping I found some pants I wanted and I tried on the same styles from different makers. What I found was the 32 long isn't the same for every pair of pants so unless you're way beyond that size you might want to try on different 32's because the sizes do vary.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Check out your local Big & Tall store also. You can be either BIG or TALL to get good clothes there, not just Big & Tall.

They do have some nice clothing there, although some of it, like elastic bottomed shirts are still sold there.

Casual Male Big & Tall has some nice stuff in all sorts of sizes.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I do notice some problems with finding 36 inseams. Jeans are easy, but many casual "Dockers" type pants only go up to 34 inseams which forces you to go to one more store, or one more website, an annoyance not a big deal. Nothing bothers me more than having a 12-1/2 shoe size. Check any catalog for shoes/sneakers and you will see "1/2 sizes up to 12, whole sizes to 15."

Some high end shoes will have 12-1/2s but most every day shoe/sneaker manufacturers don't. I wear 13s with either two pairs of socks or two sets of insoles.

I also have a tough time with ties. Most ties are just a little short for me and the back barely tucks into the label and will always swing out. My wife bought me a tie from a big and tall shop that after tying it, I could tuck the back into the cuff of my pants! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks