What's new

I absolutely can't wait for 'Medal of Honor: Allied Assault'! (2 Viewers)

Feng

Stunt Coordinator
Warning: Do NOT try this game if you don't have a video card at least as powerful as Geforce2. You will regret it.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Just as a rebuttal to Feng's post I just tried MOHAA on my P3700 with 256mb of ram and my old old TNT2 M64 running the 23.11 reference drivers from Nvidia.(yes the cheapest TNT2 of the lot). At 800X600 the game ran at a good FPS rate (a decent 30-35fps with some chug when allot is happening and spikes at up to about 40 in empty areas).

You wont get the full gaming experience with full high texture resolution or the pretty SFX in the game but if you want to experience this you will not regret picking it up. Of course a Geforce 2 powered card or up would be optimal but give it a try even if thats not available.

Patrick Cate

Stunt Coordinator
Extended Play on TechTV reviewed the game on tonights show. They gave it a 5 out of 5. It definitely looks like a game to check out.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I know the mulitplayer test that they released was a Free For All version with Teams

They later released an objective based map for the demo. Though, it was just basically, Allies have to bomb a tank and axis have to stop (or vice versa). The only nice thing about it was the tank changed spots each game, so it wasn't the exact same thing every time.

I think Wolf or Day of Defeat will be a better MP experience.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
They just released a patch which repairs the terrible GameSpy browsing nightmare. The game now has an ingame server browser, which helps immensely.

I played one of their objective based maps, and it wasn't so bad. At the moment, I still prefer Wolfenstein for the WW2 multiplayer action, but this one isn't too bad.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Starting tomorrow, MOH:AA is on sale for 34.99 at Best Buy, just thought I'd pass that along.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
According to Circuit City's add, it will be $29.99 starting today. At this price, I cannot pass this up.

-Dean-

Ash Williams

Second Unit
I just got it yesterday and I am totally amazed! I have been waiting a long time for a realistic World War II game and this is more then I could have hoped for. The D-Day invastion level is nothing short of breathtaking. My only complaint is the fact that there is no blood, I don't know why on earth they did that. EA was obviously trying to make it as real as possible yet they take out a key point of war, carnage. Oh well, I guess there is enough violence in the game as it is.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Ash - download the blood patch, that reinserts 'carnage' into the game! :D
Now its a proper game! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Been delayed on getting this, chaps. I'll be looking to buy it next week or the week after. Can't wait!

Dan (UK)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I downloaded the blood patch and it is even more fun. I'm working my way through it for the 2nd time trying to get all the medals. Now the only thing missing is being able to blow peoples arms, legs, torsos and heads off. This is war isn't it? I want to see body parts!

Network play is boring...it takes too long to load levels so you can't quickly jump into a game. Counter Strike is still the champion when it comes to network play.

Ash Williams

Second Unit
Got the blood patch (there a several of them by the way) but I concur with Mike, you should be able to blow limbs off, like in Soldier of Fortune. I also upgraded to version 1.10 and I can no longer cheat. You used to be able to set the shortcut target as ''C:LOCATION OF GAMEmohaa.exe'' +set ui_console 1 +set cheats 1 +set thereisnomonkey 1 and enable the cheats, but it no longer works. Does anyone have a solution?

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
re: blowing limbs off... unless you have a really powerful gun, you're not going to blow anyones limbs off... esp with any of the guns you get in MoH (well, except maybe the tank ;)) Other than the lack of blood, the death animations seem fairly realistic IMO.
Brian

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Which blood patch did you guys download? I found several of them but I want to get the most realistic and best quality patch. Can you guys direct me towards the best one??

Ash Williams

Second Unit
re: blowing limbs off... unless you have a really powerful gun, you're not going to blow anyones limbs off... esp with any of the guns you get in MoH
I think it is a safe bet to say that a shotgun blast at point blank would take a limb off. And maybe a panzerschreck. ;)
Romier: Try this one. In my opinion, it is the best one out there so far.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I guess it depends if the shotgun they give you uses slugs or not ;)
I just beat the game today. That final mission (esp once you get into the base) is very exciting. The ending really isnt much of an ending... the mission just ends and "THE END" shows up on the screen, but I guess that's to be expected in a game that really doesnt consist of any plot, just a series of assigned missions.
Brian

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Oh dear lord, I finally got the game.... It's pure genius, I am loving every second of it. :D
Dan (UK)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I downloaded the blood patch but I can't seem to get it to work. It says to place it right in the main directory, which I did. Do I have to place it somewhere else, because it is not working?

-Dean-

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Well, after a fair while hacking around with my machine, its finally staying up for more than 20 minutes in 3D applications, and so I got to play the single-player demo. Err, WOW! Its a level where you've got to get through a village in order to disable some guns; the tension is stunning, although I do get the feeling that Dreamworks' lawyers might be feeling uneasy about how many moments are taken so exactly from SPR. The bit with persuading the Tank to destroy walls for you was brilliant though, and getting past the church was interesting. I'm now actually at the field with the bunkers, and I have to say that its bloody difficult! The AI team members haven't got the intelligence to help themselves to health packs, so I'm all on my own against a bunch of large, seemingly random mortars and automatic cannons that the enemy are annoyingly good at remanning the moment I've finished removing the initial set of soldiers from.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks