What's new

I’ve Bought a Bootload of Amazon Videos? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was looking at the Venom 4K disc and noticed under video that Amazon says I’ve bought the video. I know I haven’t. A little more looking and it appears I’ve bought a whole bunch of videos, maybe all of them? I can only assume that Amazon is recording videos that would be free to Prime users as purchased.

But they’re not really purchased are they? If so, I’d still own them if I dropped Prime.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I was looking at the Venom 4K disc and noticed under video that Amazon says I’ve bought the video. I know I haven’t. A little more looking and it appears I’ve bought a whole bunch of videos, maybe all of them? I can only assume that Amazon is recording videos that would be free to Prime users as purchased.

But they’re not really purchased are they? If so, I’d still own them if I dropped Prime.

Do you have a Movies Anywhere account Amazon is connected to?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Do you have a Movies Anywhere account Amazon is connected to?
Yes I do and Amazon Prime is connected. Vudu allows libraries to be shared (or did) and I guess my brother-in-law bought this movie. I wonder, if it was redeemed on Vudu, would it also show up on Prme?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Yes I do and Amazon Prime is connected. Vudu allows libraries to be shared (or did) and I guess my brother-in-law bought this movie. I wonder, if it was redeemed on Vudu, would it also show up on Prme?

Yes, that's what Movies Anywhere is for - it allows movies you bought at one place to show up at another. If you redeemed Venom on Vudu it will show up in all the other services.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yes, that's what Movies Anywhere is for - it allows movies you bought at one place to show up at another. If you redeemed Venom on Vudu it will show up in all the other services.
If I go to iTunes, which is connected, will I see all these movies there too?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
So Johnny, I guess you’re saying that even though you had signed up for Movies Anywhere, and connected all your accounts, you had absolutely no idea how the whole thing worked! :D

Also, I'm a bit surprised that Vudu shared libraries are populating into Movies Anywhere. I thought there was supposed to be a mechanism in place to prevent that.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Also, I'm a bit surprised that Vudu shared libraries are populating into Movies Anywhere. I thought there was supposed to be a mechanism in place to prevent that

This had me curious as well but it's one of things that hard to figure out when you can't get your hands on it and see what's going on...

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So Johnny, I guess you’re saying that even though you had signed up for Movies Anywhere, and connected all your accounts, you had absolutely no idea how the whole thing worked! :D

Also, I'm a bit surprised that Vudu shared libraries are populating into Movies Anywhere. I thought there was supposed to be a mechanism in place to prevent that.
I thought that if I redeemed a movie in MA, that it would show there and in V. I guess I thought the flow was all into MA, but now I see the stream flows both ways.

I’m not saying that V movies go to MA, but MA movies do show in V. I trust I’ve made myself obscure?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought that if I redeemed a movie in MA, that it would show there and in V. I guess I thought the flow was all into MA, but now I see the stream flows both ways.
That's the main selling point of MA, that you can buy a movie at one participating digital retailer and have it populate to all of the other participating retailers.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That's the main selling point of MA, that you can buy a movie at one participating digital retailer and have it populate to all of the other participating retailers.
What surprises me is that this model is customer focused. It enhances the value of the customer’s digital copy and I’m not used to American film studios doing that. They are usually more focused on gouging every nickel out of the customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks