What's new

Hypothetical HB's 80 Cartoons DVD question? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

WB is releasing two cartoon compilation tv DVD. For those of you who read the release on tvshowsondvd.com you know they include some of the best of the sixties and seventies Hanna Barbara goodness. Samples include "Frankenstein Jr," "The Herculoids," and "the Jetsons" from the sixties. From the next decade, we get the "Batman/Tarzan Adventure Hour," "Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch, and "Speed Buggy."

My fun speculative question is, if you were to pull the selection for the 80's what titles would you include? Mind you, choices have to be restricted to the Hanna Barbara library.

I would include:
The Smurfs (hey! it was on NBC's Saturday Morning for 9 years)
Wildfire
the Biscuits
the Ruby Spears Superman 86
Maybe one episode from the 85-86 Superfriends
A Pup Named Scooby Doo
Pirates of Darkwater

I know the 80's is when the decline of Saturday Morning began, but there was still some goodness there.

What else is out there? Suggestions? Comments?

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Snorks
The Flintstone Kids
The Pac-Man/Little Rascals/Richie Rich Show
Challenge of the GoBots
The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show
The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley
Foofur
The Greatest Adventure: Stories from the Bible

Speaking of the eighties hoping we also get Hanna-Barbera Superstars 10 telefilms and Heidi's Song (1982) on dvd, I have the latter on VHS but no longer have a VCR.

JonSea31

Auditioning
Real Name
Jonathan
I hate to be the barrer of some possible bad news, but... as much I am a fan of the 1980s Little Rascals series back in the day... and I was a huge fan, I kid you not... there is a chance that the Pac-Man/Little Rascals/Richie Rich Show may never see light on DVD. Maybe clearance issues with Atari or the company that originally created the Pac-Man character back in the day may result in the series never seeing the light of day on DVD.

Same theory may hold true for The Monchhichis/Little Rascals/Richie Rich Show. Slight chance of clearance issues with the company who manufactured Monchhichis toys back in the early 1980s. But The Super Mario Bros. Super Show didn't experience any clearance issues Nintendo, and the series is now on DVD.

But I am not declaring this theory, I am only speculating.

If the animated Little Rascals series never surfaces on DVD, maybe someone will resurrect a tape from back in 1984 (even if it's one from an August 1984 airing) and upload select episodes to YouTube someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks