What's new

hybrid sacd misreading (1 Viewer)

DamianA

Grip
Hi guys,
Just a quick question I'm hoping someone can help with. My Sony SACD player is not seeing my copy of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the moon" as SACD anymore, just redbook CD. It used to playback as a SACD. My other SACDs (and DVD-A) discs read fine. This is a new problem to me. Does anyone think it's the disc or the player? This is the ONLY hybrid SACD I have and it's the only one I have a problem with.
Thanks for any help.
Damian

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
DVD-A on a Sony player? You aren't getting the DVD Audio tracks then.

If it's the only hybrid, what setting do you have for default layer? My 222ES has a setting to default to CD, 2ch SACD or M/C SACD, as well as a button to switch between those. have you tried manually switching that disc to SACD? The only weird thing is that you said "anymore" indicating it did before.

I have a similar problem with a hybrid Vince Guaraldi SACD. The SACD layer has what sounds like distortion in it, not in the recording because it wasn't there when I first bought the disc, but the CD layer works fine. I asked around, and nobody else has this problem, and none of my other SACDs have the same problem either.

DamianA

Grip
I'm sorry, I was not clear. I should have said my DVD-A/DTS discs read OK, it will still push the DTS audio ok, and not confuse tracks on those discs.
Yes, it used to tell the difference between a redbook Cd and a SACD disc OK, and output in the higher res format.
I do not have a manual control, it's all automatic.

I'm really hoping it's the disc and not the player.

Users who are viewing this thread