Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough

Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte Blu-ray Review

hackhacktop-1024x576.jpg

An effective exercise in Southern Gothic mystery and suspense, Robert Aldrich’s Hush…Hush, Sweet Charlotte carries with it the patina of award-winning participants both before and behind the camera, sweeping one up in its deliciously diabolical conundrums that are doled out with beautifully measured ease.

[review]
Click here to read the original article.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Excellent movie. Loved it. Fantastic pq. I know this is just saying the obvious, but if you haven't seen it avoid spoilers!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Excellent movie. Loved it. Fantastic pq. I know this is just saying the obvious, but if you haven't seen it avoid spoilers!
With mysteries, I always bend over backwards not to give away too much, but it's almost impossible not to spill some of the beans.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
With mysteries, I always bend over backwards not to give away too much, but it's almost impossible not to spill some of the beans.

Wasn't meaning to imply anything about your review, which is excellent and well-written as always. I think your review can be read by potential customers with confidence.++

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I wonder if Charlotte was kin. I know a few cousins that would make them look sane.

Last edited:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Boy, did it ever. As had Baby Jane before it. I so was completely taken with these films at that tender age, I talked my family's and friends' collective ear off about them. Went to this one repeatedly.

The two Fox-released DVDs have finally gone to new and hopefully happy homes. It is so rewarding to now have both of these films (I'll welcome their less effective imitators as well) in such beautiful form.

Now, of course, it's also doubly rewarding to bring full adult appreciation of all the participants to the party.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Oy!

(slapping self on forehead...)

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Matt, when I first read your statement that both audio options were mono, I thought for sure you must be mistaken, but now I have the disc and you are absolutely correct. It is Twilight Time who made the mistake and put the mono track on twice and left off Fox's fake stereo version from the DVD. No real loss there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks