Hush - Full Screen Only?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Robert Ringwald, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I seem to recall seeing this DVD at the store repeatedly, and reading multiple reviews that stated it was available in both widescreen and full-screen, on the same disc.

Imagine more confusion to look at the back of the copy I got from deepdiscountdvd.com to see that it was full-screen only.

Is this a repackaging thing from Columbia Tri-Star? Cause if that's the case, I think I'm just going to send it back. What a disappointment.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

2. WillG

WillG Producer

Columbia has been dropping the Widescreen side on many of their dual format flipper discs. They reduced the price a buck or two, but now they are worthless anyway. Very stupid, but this is CTHE

3. Robert Ringwald

What do you think the odds are they'll let me return it?

I paid like 5 bucks for it, but it's not worth it. I have a VHS copy in full-screen, I don't need another...

I did some checking, and apparently this purging of the widescreen versions started sometime in March. You think there's a chance they still have a version in stock with both wide and full on there that they'd be willing to exchange?

4. WillG

WillG Producer

I'm sure if you did not open it, you could return it with little problem. If fact, you definately should do it. Maybe the more returns that happen, the more retailers will complain about them and CTHE will realize their stupidity. If you got it from an online retailer, if you can contact them, find out before if they still have versions with the WS side intact. Deep Discount DVD is a site that provides a phone number where you can actually speak to someone. Their customer service is good as far as I am concenerd.

5. Robert Ringwald

Good, I've always had really good service with them in the past. Thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out. [​IMG]