What's new

Hurt myself and damage my Legend case removing the security tag (1 Viewer)

GaryEA

Second Unit
- to Robert_eb,
To paraphrase your signature;
"I have no patience for a studio who treats me like a (potential) criminal or tell me how my DVD collection should look like, even after the sale. - Gary Annett, Home Theater Forum, June 5, 2002"
:D
- to Mr. Zimmer
I'm going to have to try the collector's tongs. I had never thought of this. Thanks!
- to anyone
Does heating the tag with a hair dryer help remove it?
To be honest, part of the problem for me is that I have use of only one hand. The handling of my DVDs, and laser discs for that matter, is always a cautious one.
So when something like the removal of security tags under a digipak comes along, it's a whole new set of frustrations. Getting a disc off a stubborn spindle is understandable (and doable with patience), but getting under plastic with one hand, or an exacto, while trying not to ruin the package is akin to an unnecessary migraine.
Gary

PeteD

Stunt Coordinator
I remember taking one off a cd I purchased.. the silver bits on the back pryed away from the shell and sliced my hand open. They're VERY sharp!
Ever since then I won't even attempt to remove them. Call it a conditioned response :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If McDonald's can be successfully sued over hot (!) coffee and french fry flavorings, I'd imagine someone could turn security tag removal injuries into some cash. ;)

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah they will just argue that you're not suppose to remove it. It's also something that's not worth court time or the humidity unless you've loss the use of your finger :D. What I like to see is studios stop doing this. I just don't think it's preventing much thief.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i leave them in because i don't notice them the way others do.. but if you heat it the glue will stay on the paper.

if you freeze it for a few minutes you will have a better chance of the thing just popping right off when you try to get it off.

thats how i get those big price stickers that circuit city puts on their stuff.

Rob T

Screenwriter
i leave them in because i don't notice them the way others do.. but if you heat it the glue will stay on the paper.
I haven't run across that problem as yet when using a hair dryer, but if I do then there's always rubbing alcohol and/or that glue off stuff. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I haven't run across that problem as yet when using a hair dryer, but if I do then there's always rubbing alcohol and/or that glue off stuff.
true but doesnt that damage the paper? that is usually wwat those tags are stuck too under the plastic on the digipacks like legend and close encounters.

Users who are viewing this thread