1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Hurricane Shutters and Home Theaters

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DanielKellmii, Jul 23, 2006.

1. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

I bounced through a few sections before I decided to post this here. Maybe it belongs somewhere else, but I just can't decided. So, here goes.
    I was walking around my neighboorhood and noticed that somebody put up their hurricane shutters. OK, I stared a bit and then noticed that he had a new front PJ and used the shutters to block out the light. Kind of clever IMHO.

2. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

I suppose they want the luxury of watching movies during the day. Or maybe i missunderstood the thread topic.

Seth=L

3. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

Was that my house you walked by? Yes, we use the shutters to block the light when we watch movies. Only trouble is - there is about a 1/2" gap at the top where the track is which light can sneak through. At sunset when the sun hits the right angle we get a white band across our screen. It lasts about 20 minutes. I'm trying to get WAF to put up a valance...