What's new

Hurricane Jeanne (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm remembering this in four months time when my grandparents are working "do you have snow? It's 70 degrees outside here" into phone/IM conversations.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
The five-day forecast (which is obviously less accurate) has Jeanne going up the east coast right after that last dot on the map above.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'm flying to Tampa on Sunday. :frowning:

How bad does this suck when I will be dreaming of CT weather while I am in Florida.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
If it goes according to plan Tampa should feel very little if any. It will be on the West side of the storm which is the weaker side.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Rob, I couldn't find that predictive map on the NOAA site. Could you provide a pointer?

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
That's right, folks. Start moving out. Papa wants a bigger place, and he ain't paying the current hyper-inflated rates for it!:D

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
So, which evil genius with a weather control machine do you work for, John? And does his plan take stopping James Bond's last minute assault into consideration? :)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
James, thanks. But could you give me the link/location on the main page (in case they don't update that exact .gif.)

And Todd, you seem pretty cavalier. Since you're in Orlando, and that's where I'm headed on Sat. Do you expect this to not be much of a vacation swinger? Or do I cancel everything?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Rob's map in the first post should update with the latest NHC preduction image everytime the page reloads.

Al, it may be taken out of your hands. You may want to check with your airlines/hotel to see if they're still on-schedule or honoring reservations (do the hotels cancel in-coming tourist reservations to accomodate local evacuees?).

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Al,

A direct hit in Orlando may cause problems, mainly with power. HOWEVER, the parks (Disney, Universal, etc) were all open a day after both Charley and Frances passed through. AFAIK, none of the resorts (again, meaning WDW/Universal) were canceling reservations to accomodate evacuees. In fact, this time of year is a very-lightly booked time- even moreso this year, due to all the storms. We were at Magic Kingdom last weekend (I have small kids- we're there 2x/month), and it was deserted. It was a bit eerie, actually, but hey- we got on everything we wanted to.:)

While I might seem flippant, I'm not. I have plans and backup plans in place for just about everything I can think of regarding hurricanes, so beyond that, there's nothing left to do except enjoy the weather.:) Relatively speaking, this is currently a small hurricane, with hurricane force winds only out about 30 miles from center, so I'm not terribly concerned as of now.

They may close the airport late Saturday/early Sunday, depending on how the track of Jeanne actually pans out. If it rolls through on Sunday, we'll have real nice weather on Monday, and following. I say "come on down."

Todd

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I agree with Todd. If this thing scoots the coast then pretty much anything 30-40 miles East of the ocean will be fine. I'm only 9 miles from the coast though...:frowning:

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Thanks for the updates everyone. I guess I hold the plan - but just a little nervous ... !

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Al...how far are you from Hershey? My sister sent me pics from Ivan and the park was pretty flooded. She lives in Harrisburg.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks