What's new

Hurricane Isabel Left me a Gift! (1 Viewer)

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Brian, thanks for sharing your family's Escape From The Killer Storm. Whew. And still kept electricity, yes?

I've never seen such a widespread hurricane, with such a reach from one edge of its cyclone to the other! I have a sister in Alexandria VA and another in Virginia Beach who both were in hunker-down mode!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
that's too bad, looks like it was a nice tree and addition to the yard :frowning:

you said the house is OK though?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Wow, that was a fast webpage Brian, glad you and your family are OK. Here in inland Jersey, we missed out on the path and just had some moderate blowing rains and moderate wind gusts into the mid 20mph range. Our power did go out last night (right before Survivor, but it did return in time) and went out again around 3am in the morning...

Jay

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Over 20 years ago, when hurricane Frederick came through town, we had 2 trees that fell, but fortunately they fell parallel to our house, and not perpendicularly (towards our house). That was one crazy, scary night. The next morning was very surreal as the entire neighborhood was covered in leaves and tree limbs, and some tree limbs did find their way into other people's roofs. We didn't get electricity for quite a few days, if not weeks. All I really remember was not being about to see the season premiere of the new Charlie's Angel because power went out just as the show was being aired. :)

Hope things get back to normal soon for all those who were subjected to Isabel's fury.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Glad to hear everybody is okay. Thats one thing about those spruce's....they act like a sail for the wind and seem to topple over quite easily.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Glad to hear you all are OK.

I remember Hurricane David 1979 in St. Lucia when a friend's home was totally demolished and the rest of his family thought that he was dead. But low and behold while removing the debris he was found fast asleep still in his bed under all of the debris.

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
I appreciate everyone's concern.

The whole family including our dog, Bella and our fish came out unscathed.

One of the most ironic things about all this is just this week my wife and I were talking about, "what if this tree falls?". No kidding. We have been living in this house for a little over 3 years and we've discussed since the day we have moved in, whether or not to cut the tree down. It's been a real difficult decision as this house is actually my Great Grandfather's and he planted that tree as a seedling years ago. Not only that but I didn't want to get rid of a nice healthy tree if we didn't need to. Well there is no decision to make now... mother nature has dictated the fate of our poor tree.

Bill, we only lost electricity, water and cable for a few minutes a couple of times last night, nothing substantial.
Other neighborhoods around our area didn't have such luck, they’re still without power.

Good thing my friend is a local contractor and he came over early this morning and pulled the tree off my house.

More pictures here: http://home.comcast.net/~mansure5/tree_removal/

Now all I have to do is cut it up, boy what fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks