What's new

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Will (Toby Kebbel) and Breeze (Ryan Kwanten) Rutledge are brothers in Gulfport, Alabama. As kids they experienced trauma during a huge hurricane, and it left an indelible mark on their lives. Will became determined to fight storms and learned meteorology. Breeze turned to booze. During an impending Category 5 (the original title) hurricane, they find themselves entwined in the robbery of the Gulfport facility that destroys US currency. Breeze is kidnapped to work the generators that are out inside, while Will teams up with US Treasury Agent Casey (Maggie Grace). Casey and Will must somehow rescue Breeze and the other hostages and prevent the bad guys, led by insider Connor (Ralph Ineson) from getting away with hundreds of millions of paper money slated for destruction.
22Q1GGmw1vt1OiTTt2ue9q4k6MW_icegnw-300x169.jpg

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
And I think I was ahead of the curve there. The Rotten Tomato’s score is not favorable. I liked it more than a lot of ‘pro’ reviewers. I stick by that. It’s fun if you are willing to check your brain.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Spot on review. A handful of decent action scenes, a few bits of intentional comedy (and even more unintentional), and room-shaking LFE during the storm make for a fun time if you're in a shut-off-your-brain MST3K sort of mood.

The science is total crap and there are a number of issues with continuity: driving through the countryside in the calm eye of the storm, but nothing looks like it's been touched by the first half of the storm passing. There's little if any damage and everything is perfectly dry. They must have run out of money for FX at that point.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yes the ep came out last week.

Makes me want to see it even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads